Full Planche (Oct 2019)

Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Fraser_9to5
    Keymaster

WEEK 13

OFF

Unintentionally. I didn’t train near New Year because I was sharing an apartment and didn’t have a good space to set up. Then I flew back to the UK and had a few days of work. In the back of my head I initially had a vision of my YT video title being “Learning to Tuck Planche in __ days” but the number of days is less and less important to me each time I train.

WEEK 14

7 Jan

Raised Planche Lean – 10,10,10,10,10,10,9 secs
      L-Sit Tuck Hold – 25,25,22,22,20 secs

This is my structure from now on. 3 times a week, same exercises each day. I started doubling up my gym days so legs and planche training are an hour or so apart. When I have to go to work it’s tough to squeeze a workout in, so this is easier for me.

9 Jan

V-Sits – 15,14,14,11
      Tuck Planche w Toes – 5 x 20 secs

I took the tuck planche position and dropped my lower legs (note I still try to tuck the thighs into chest) which makes it about 60-80% the intensity of a proper tuck planche. I did this for advanced frogstand and it transferred well.

11 Jan

Tuck Planche – 8,8,8,8,6,8 secs (54 total)
      1 Arm 1 Leg Plank – 4 x 40 secs

Instead of doing a series of max efforts, I tried to stop short of failure to maintain freshness. I misread my timer for the penultimate hold and it just shows what happens when you take 30 secs off my 3 minute rest. The goal is not to annihilate my shoulders and abs, just aiming for stimulus -> response and building up each week.

Fraser_9to5
      Keymaster

WEEK 15

15 Jan

Raised Planche Lean – 7 x 10 secs
        L-Sit Tuck Hold – 25,25,19,20,17 secs

Good session.

I had another laser tattoo removal treatment on the morning of the 16th which means I couldn’t do anything the rest of the week. Will resume as normal on the 22nd.

Fraser_9to5
        Keymaster

WEEK 16

22 Jan

Tuck Planche Pulses – 5 x 3 reps
          Tuck Planche – 13 secs

I watched another tutorial video and it had these in, you go from an L-sit tuck hold into a brief tuck planche for a few reps. Anything which gives me more control is a positive thing.

26 Jan

Tuck Planche – 8,8,6,7,5 secs (34 total)
          Ab Ripper X – missed about 12 reps across the 13-14 minutes

I need to up my game with abs and Ab Ripper X (part of the P90X series) is the most brutal and effective ab workout I know. I did it at Uni and after 2 weeks my front plank went from 1 min 30 to 2 min 30 and my front squat went up 10kg because my core could hold the weight.

Fraser_9to5
          Keymaster

WEEK 17

29 Jan

Tuck Planche Pulses- 3,3,5,4,3,3,2 (23 total)

Nice to do more of these, already felt more controlled.

1 Feb

Raised Planche Lean (straddle) – 10,8,6,2,2
            Tuck Planche – 10, 11 secs

2 Feb

Ab Ripper X (missed about 12 reps)

Last week my hip flexors hurt for 5 days and my abs for four. This is just pure hard work to get through it.

You can’t quite tell how red my face was but this was me busting a gut to hold the complete end range for 1-2 seconds. My elbows were flaring up the day before so I did a longer warm up and more deliberate cool down. I want to start each session with a max effort from now on because I feel like it’s been too long doing a tuck and when I hit 20 seconds I’ll gladly move on. My best is 13 seconds and I want to add 2-3 seconds a week so I can start looking at advanced tuck planche.

Fraser_9to5
            Keymaster

WEEK 18

5 Feb

Scap Pushups – 2 x 10
              PPPu – 8,8,8,6
              Tuck Planche – 9,8,11,8,5 secs (41 total)

WEEK 19

11 Feb

Tuck Planche – 11, 12 secs
              L-Sit Tuck Hold – 25,25,25,20 secs

15 Feb

Tuck Planche Pulses – 3,3
              Tuck Planche – 4, 8 secs
              PPPu – 6,8,8,7,5

I am seething. My progress is so bloody slow and I genuinely don’t know how to structure my training to make incremental gains, which is new territory for me. I still can’t even tell which muscle groups are failing me. I am going to set aside 45-60 mins to reading more material on planche training because right now that’s the best use of my time.

Viewing 5 posts - 11 through 15 (of 48 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.