2018 Training Log

Viewing 5 posts - 6 through 10 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Fraser_9to5
    Keymaster

1 May

Rowing Machine – 500m in 1:40.3 (Drag Factor 140)

Power Clean – 4 x 1 x 50kg, 6 x 1 x 55kg
      Clap Pushups – 2 x 10
      Alternate Split Jumps – 3 x 12
      Around The Square – 3 x 4 laps
      Lying Leg Raise – 3 x 15
      Hex DL onto toes – 3 x 5 x 100kg
      Calf Raises – 3 x 40

Rowing Machine – 500m in 1:38.1 (Drag Factor 150)

2 May

4 rounds of circuit, 2 mins rest:
      20 squats
      20 squat jumps
      20 alternate lunges
      20 alt split jumps
      10 step ups

3 May

Rowing Machine – 3000m in 15:00

I’m not training Fri-Sun and having done 10km on the rowing machine at the end of last week I needed a longer recovery from that. Today (3rd) I did a relaxed row to get the blood flowing in my thighs and then some static stretching.

I tested my vert this week but didn’t write it down anywhere as it was exactly the same as last week. I will test it again after i’ve done the warm up for day 1 Vert Shock in case there’s any change from this week but I doubt it.

Fri-Sun will be a light warm up and some static stretches, some foam rolling too.

Fraser_9to5
      Keymaster

–GAP–

Vert Shock, separate log

11 July

It’s not coming home..

Power Clean – 3 x 60kg, 3 x 70kg, 3 x 80kg
        Back Squat (1/2) – 4 x 60kg, 5 x 80kg, 5 x 90kg, 5 x 100kg, 3 x 110kg
        Pull Ups – 3 x 8

Sooooooo good to get back to lifting weights. Power cleans were sluggish and back squat was fine up to 100kg then 110kg made my adductors start to cramp. Finished with pull ups since i’ve done next to no upper body work in the last 9 weeks.

The plan is to recover from this session, then test my vert one last time for Vert Shock, before embarking on a 6-8 week lifting program to improve my power clean. The power clean has a strong correlation to CMJ ability, so I think i’ll try and gain 10% on that exercise and see how it tracks with a weekly vert test. My PB is 106kg but that’s the only time I got over 100kg and I was just super pumped in that workout. I think my fair PB is 90-92.5kg for now so 100-105kg would be a suitable target.

Here’s squats from today

Fraser_9to5
        Keymaster

12 July

Rowing Machine – 4 x 2 mins (2 mins rest)

I’d put the rowing machine in the conservatory over winter but left it there for summer. With the door closed it reaches temps above 55 degrees and that seems to have broken the computer system, so no display.

13 July

Bench Press – 4 x 8 x 65kg
          Barbell Row – 4 x 8 x 65kg
          Push Press – 4 x 8 x 35kg
          Chin Ups – 4 x 8

I’m doing a 6 week program starting Monday and wanted to get an upper body session in before then (away this weekend). I forget what I could bench for 8 but probably about 85kg, so it was depressing to struggle with the last rep of 65kg on set 4. Only done a few sets of press ups every week in the last 9 weeks and clearly lost strength & power. I wasn’t pushing it but I still aimed to be about 80% effort or above.

If you’re interested the workout i’ll be doing is another attempt at increasing my Vert and can be found here https://www.t-nation.com/workouts/get-strong-get-fast-get-vertical

I’ll do minor modifications like jump squats will be with a hex bar as that’s a perfect piece of equipment for that. If I happen to jump higher than 63cm/24.8inch on Monday’s vert test i’ll attribute that to Vert Shock, which I finished 12 days ago.

Fraser_9to5
          Keymaster

I finished an 8 week rowing workout and followed it with a Fasting Mimicking Diet.

Now my training will be standard barbell and dumbbell work until the end of the year.

5 Nov

Bench Press – 4 x 8 x 50kg
            Pull Ups – 4 x 6
            Push Press – 4 x 6 x 40kg
            BB Row – 4 x 8 x 40kg
            EZ Curl – 3 x 8 x 16kg, 1 x 8 x 18.5kg

This was really relaxed as I know I’m going to be very sore whatever I do, so nothing to be gained from making it a week of soreness.

6 Nov

Back Squat – 3 x 6 x 60kg
            RDL – 3 x 8 x 60kg
            DB Lunge – 3 x 8 x 20kg
            Lateral Lunge – 3 x 10 x 10kg (plate)
            Single Leg Calf Raise – 3 x 10

Again, not using heavy weight, merely getting the movement pattern back and ensuring I’m not so sore I can’t train legs again later in the week. I meant to do a vert test but I forgot. It’s very likely that after just one session back I will jump higher by the end of the week. It will be interesting to compare with the end of the last vert program as I’ve done no jumping since then, only rowing.

Fraser_9to5
            Keymaster

8 Nov

Incline Bench Press – 3 x 6 x 60kg
              One Arm DB Row – 3 x 8 x 30kg
              Close Grip Bench Press – 3 x 8 x 60kg
              Inverted Rows – 15, 14, 12
              DB Hammer Curl – 10, 8, 7 x 15kg

9 Nov

Rowing Machine – 8 x 1 on/1 off avg 1:49.8/500m

11 Nov

Bench Press – 3 x 6 x 70kg
              Pull ups – 3 x 6 x 5kg
              Push Press – 3 x 6 x 45kg
              BB Row – 3 x 6 x 60kg
              EZ Curl – 3 x 8 x 21kg
              EZ French Press – 3 x 8 x 21kg
              Hanging Leg Raise – 3 x 10

Will be another few weeks before I’m back to moderate strength, will try to increase the weight by 5-10% each week. I’m not near a sticking point yet, could have done 80kg bench and 30kg curls but there’s no rush.

Viewing 5 posts - 6 through 10 (of 15 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.