Hang High Pull – 4 sets
    Clean Variation – 3 sets
    RLESS – 5 sets
    Nordic Curls – 4 sets

10 Oct

Phase 1 Jump Mechanics Drills – 2 x 1 set
    Full approach – 12-15 attempts
    4 Core supersets

I had an Epsom Salt bath on the 8th and gave my legs 48 hours to recover. I almost didn’t do the session because I was so short on time but I managed to do one set of drills and some approach jumps. The surface was wet so it wasn’t max. effort, I was at a new court which had a 9’9 rim I managed to touch. I prefer my regular court as it’s almost always empty, so will go back to that next time.

11 Oct

Stability Drill – 3 sets
    Hopping Drill – 4 sets
    Skipping Drill – 3 sets
    Step Up Variation – 5 sets
    Weighted Jumps – 4 sets

I wasn’t feeling it at all today, this was a real chore and I skipped the lateral drill.

12 Oct

Knee Strength Drill – 3 sets
    Hang High Pull – 4 sets
    Clean Variation – 3 sets
    RLESS – 5 sets
    Nordic Curls – 4 sets

Again not the best session, I’ve had poor sleep this week and it showed.

This is where I stop Vert Code Elite. I’ve looked at phase 9 and I don’t feel like I’m missing out by stopping now. My technique is holding me back more than my strength/power right now, so for me the best thing is to write my own program, prioritise technical drills, and also give my body a rest. I know how to peak when it’s muscle soreness but a lot of this is CNS which takes 3-4x as long. I’m going to do two weeks of low intensity maintenance plyo’s and test my vert a few times along the way.

After that I have the exposure to enough programs to know what I should be including and I’m confident I can write up a nice program that’s tailored to my own weaknesses. Phase 9 had sprints and bounding, and as it rains most days I know I’ll only get frustrated about not being able to go flat out on tarmac.

I’ll leave you with the 9’9 rim touch, it didn’t make a noise and I didn’t celebrate so when I was reviewing the video I could only narrow it down to one of these two jumps.