22 Sept

Stability Drill – 3 sets
    Hopping Drill – 3 sets
    Lateral Drill – 3 sets
    Skipping Drill – 3 sets
    Step Up Variation – 4 sets
    Weighted Jumps – 4 sets
    Tibialis Raise – 25 reps

I have a new exercise that I saw kneesovertoesguy demonstrate so I put that at the end of the session.

23 Sept

Knee Strength Drill – 3 sets
    Hang High Pull – 4 sets
    Clean Variation – 3 sets
    RLESS – 5 sets
    Nordic Curls – 4 sets
    Tibialis Raise – 25 reps

I tried a few nordics without the resistance band and I am improving, so that’s good to know. Hang high pull is good too, I had been doing a hang pull but by switching to a barbell the hang high pull feels quite natural.

24 Sept

Phase 1 Jump Mechanics Drills – 2 x 3 sets
    2 step approach – 5 x 2
    4 Core supersets

I decided against doing this on both core days but once a week is certainly worthwhile. I felt flatter this week and made the mistake of setting up a target to try and touch. I need to focus on technique and not fall into the trap of trying to get the most height, because I may have to sacrifice a few cm until my body is familiar with the new movement pattern.

26 Sept

Stability Drill – 3 sets
    Hopping Drill – 3 sets
    Lateral Drill – 3 sets
    Skipping Drill – 3 sets
    Step Up Variation – 5 sets
    Weighted Jumps – 4 sets

These sessions are really solid, I feel like each one is contributing something to the end product that is my vert and it’s a shame my technique isn’t allowing me to put it all together.

27 Sept

Knee Strength Drill – 3 sets
    Hang High Pull – 4 sets
    Clean Variation – 3 sets
    RLESS – 5 sets
    Nordic Curls – 4 sets

This one was a bit of a grind, I have a 9-10 hour shift and need to squeeze it in before breakfast. At one point I went higher with the RLESS (27.5kg per hand) but having dialled it back down to 25kg I can focus on exploding up to standing.

Here are the RLESS, possibly my very first session as I’m using about 22.5kg. It’s not meant to be so heavy you have to grind out reps and I’m happy with the weight I do now.