Reply To: Full Planche (Oct 2019)

Fraser_9to5
Keymaster

WEEK 13

OFF

Unintentionally. I didn’t train near New Year because I was sharing an apartment and didn’t have a good space to set up. Then I flew back to the UK and had a few days of work. In the back of my head I initially had a vision of my YT video title being “Learning to Tuck Planche in __ days” but the number of days is less and less important to me each time I train.

WEEK 14

7 Jan

Raised Planche Lean – 10,10,10,10,10,10,9 secs
    L-Sit Tuck Hold – 25,25,22,22,20 secs

This is my structure from now on. 3 times a week, same exercises each day. I started doubling up my gym days so legs and planche training are an hour or so apart. When I have to go to work it’s tough to squeeze a workout in, so this is easier for me.

9 Jan

V-Sits – 15,14,14,11
    Tuck Planche w Toes – 5 x 20 secs

I took the tuck planche position and dropped my lower legs (note I still try to tuck the thighs into chest) which makes it about 60-80% the intensity of a proper tuck planche. I did this for advanced frogstand and it transferred well.

11 Jan

Tuck Planche – 8,8,8,8,6,8 secs (54 total)
    1 Arm 1 Leg Plank – 4 x 40 secs

Instead of doing a series of max efforts, I tried to stop short of failure to maintain freshness. I misread my timer for the penultimate hold and it just shows what happens when you take 30 secs off my 3 minute rest. The goal is not to annihilate my shoulders and abs, just aiming for stimulus -> response and building up each week.