Fraser Young

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 5 posts - 461 through 465 (of 722 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Vert Code Elite (Feb 2020) #10352
    Fraser Young
    Keymaster

      PHASE 4

      WEEK 13

      29 Apr – 1 May

      Deload days, I had an epsom salt bath and did an extra mobility routine. I’m rehabbing my ankle so there was no light cardio, though I could have done some rowing if I really wanted to.

      2 May

      Foam Roll & Dynamic WU
      1st Step Exercise – 3 sets
      Weighted DB Skip – 3 sets
      Hurdle Jumps – 4 sets
      Step Up Variation – 3 sets
      Jump Practice – 10 mins

      I was hesitant about this session because the moves looked like they required a lot of coordination but I found them manageable and enjoyable.

      3 May

      Core/balance/feet supersets
      Additional ankle exercise – 2 sets

      There’s less emphasis on the foot and ankles now so I’m adding in my own exercises. This is something he suggests you do later in the program as he gives you the freedom to choose what you want rather than programming everything you do.

      4 May

      Foam Roll & Dynamic WU
      Agility drill – 4 sets
      Bounding – 2 sets
      Hurdle Jumps – 4 sets
      Weighted Pistol Variation – 3 sets
      RDL – 6 x 60kg, 2 x 6 x 70kg

      Another enjoyable session, bounding is very high impact and my technique needs some work. I was impressed with my change of direction in the agility drill, it’s very clear I’ve improved and it’s a shame I didn’t do some sort of test in week 0 to show how much better I am now.

      Here’s the RDL, I appreciate how much you can improve without weights but I still love lifting and was pleased to see this feature

      in reply to: Vert Code Elite (Feb 2020) #10351
      Fraser Young
      Keymaster

        WEEK 12

        23 Apr

        OH Squat – 2 sets
        Lateral Exercises – 3 sets each
        Jump Squat variation – 4 sets
        Squat/Jump superset – 4 sets
        Reverse Plank – 3 sets
        Balance Exercise – 2 sets

        24 Apr

        Core/balance/feet supersets

        26 Apr

        3 Jump Variations – 3 sets each
        Jump Practice – 10 mins
        RLESS Variation – 3 sets

        I did one max effort during warm up and noticed I had really good air time, which made me immediately optimistic about the jump practice. I tried a 2 step approach and broke my PB by 1cm, then the very next jump from a longer approach added another 2cm, taking me to a 73cm PB. A few jumps later I touched my marker at 74cm, which is where my PB now stands. That’s just over 29″ and means I’ve added 6cm/2.3″ to my PB on this program and improved by 9cm/3.5″ since week 0.

        I thought I could trouble 30″ after my deload, so to do this a week early while still in hard training is encouraging. I did feel superb so I won’t be disheartened if I don’t jump higher next week.

        27 Apr

        Core/balance/feet supersets

        28 Apr

        OH Squat – 2 sets
        Lateral Exercises – 2 sets each
        Jump Squat variation – 4 sets
        Squat/Jump superset – 4 sets
        Reverse Plank – 3 sets
        Balance Exercise – 2 sets

        Terrible weather, wet surface meant my lateral exercises had to be heavily modified and were less effective. My jumps in the superset had to go from a longer approach to just a 2 step, but I still feel like I had a good session.

        Here’s my 73cm PB. I didn’t celebrate because of the PB, it was about what it meant for the next 5 weeks knowing that I still had clear areas to improve.

        in reply to: Vert Code Elite (Feb 2020) #10350
        Fraser Young
        Keymaster

          WEEK 11

          16 Apr

          OH Squat – 2 sets
          Lateral Exercises – 3 sets each
          Jump Squat variation – 4 sets
          Squat/Jump superset – 4 sets
          Reverse Plank – 3 sets
          Balance Exercise – 2 sets

          17 Apr

          Core/balance/feet supersets

          19 Apr

          3 Jump Variations – 3 sets each
          Jump Practice – 15 mins
          RLESS Variation – 3 sets

          I felt quite flat in this session but was still getting close to my PB. I trained before 11am and I think I’m most powerful early afternoon, but also there’s a touch of fatigue coming through from the weekly training load. I’m less optimistic about jumping well next Sunday but also more confident that after a deload I’ll be adding at least an inch to my PB.

          20 Apr

          Core/balance/feet supersets

          21 Apr

          OH Squat – 2 sets
          Lateral Exercises – 3 sets each
          Jump Squat variation – 4 sets
          Squat/Jump superset – 4 sets
          Reverse Plank – 3 sets
          Balance Exercise – 2 sets

          In my Squat/Jump superset I’ve now set up a hoop in my garden and I was a few inches down on the 21st compared to the 16th. My legs are starting to feel a little heavy again and these are also earlier in the day so I’m not concerned.

          Here’s a jump from the 16th, I edited it to show how high I jump relative to myself. This wasn’t my best of the day and the hoop is around 298cm (touching it would mean a 72cm vert).

          in reply to: Full Planche (Oct 2019) #10349
          Fraser Young
          Keymaster

            WEEK 28

            16 Apr

            Tuck Planche – 5,5,10,11,12,13,14,13 secs (83 total)

            Focus on pushing the ground away.

            19 Apr

            Planche Lean – 20 secs (warm up)
            Bent Arm Tuck Planche – 16,18,15,18,12 secs
            PPPu – 3,4,6
            L-Sit (raised feet) – 17,17,15 secs

            The pseudo push ups were with the biggest lean I could handle, trying to keep the forearm angle as I descend. I didn’t want to get caught up doing the regular tucks as I’d be trying to set a PB and neglect the bigger picture. Will try advanced tuck from next week as I feel ready.

            in reply to: Vert Code Elite (Feb 2020) #10348
            Fraser Young
            Keymaster

              WEEK 10

              9 Apr

              OH Squat – 2 sets
              Lateral Exercises – 3 sets each
              Jump Squat variation – 4 sets
              Squat/Jump superset – 4 sets
              Reverse Plank – 3 sets
              Balance Exercise – 2 sets

              10 Apr

              Core/balance/feet supersets

              12 Apr

              3 Jump Variations – 3 sets each
              Jump Practice – 10 mins
              RLESS Variation – 3 sets

              13 Apr

              Core/balance/feet supersets

              14 Apr

              OH Squat – 2 sets
              Lateral Exercises – 3 sets each
              Jump Squat variation – 4 sets
              Squat/Jump superset – 4 sets
              Reverse Plank – 3 sets
              Balance Exercise – 2 sets

              Superb week of training, loving this so much. I hit a 2cm personal best on the Sunday session and feel like I’m getting slightly more explosive each week rather than more run down. Here’s my new best vert, 70cm / 27.5″

            Viewing 5 posts - 461 through 465 (of 722 total)