Fraser Young

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 5 posts - 456 through 460 (of 722 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Vert Code Elite (Feb 2020) #10358
    Fraser Young
    Keymaster

      WEEK 15

      13 May

      Foam Roll & Dynamic WU
      Lateral Band Exercise – 3 sets
      SL Jump – 3 sets
      Bounding Series – 2 sets
      Hurdle Jumps – 6 sets
      Weighted Pistol Variation – 3 sets
      RDL – 3 x 6 x 70kg

      14 May

      Core/balance/feet supersets

      16 May

      Foam Roll & Dynamic WU
      1st Step Exercise – 3 sets
      Weighted DB Skip – 3 sets
      Hurdle Jumps – 4 sets
      Step Up Variation – 3 sets
      Jump Practice – 10 mins

      I didn’t even take my ladder to the court because I feel so far from a PB. I had one or two jumps that looked decent but I also had some that looked worse than week 0. It’s an interesting choice to program the practice jumps after all the other exercises, the step up in particular really taxes my legs.

      17 May

      Core/balance/feet supersets

      18 May

      Foam Roll & Dynamic WU
      Agility drill – 4 sets
      Bounding – 2 sets
      Hurdle Jumps – 4 sets
      Weighted Pistol Variation – 3 sets
      RDL – 3 x 6 x 72.5kg

      I used a metronome for RDL and did 3010 tempo which helped get my rhythm. This was a good session, I’m quite run down and have been making the extra effort to eat right but today was borderline fresh.

      Next week will be the end of phase 4! I’ve still enjoyed the exercises but it’s been a bit demoralising being so far from setting a PB and that’s meant shifting focus to completing each session to the best of my ability and recovering well between sessions too.

      Here are the hurdle jumps from today

      in reply to: Full Planche (Oct 2019) #10357
      Fraser Young
      Keymaster

        WEEK 32

        14 May

        Tuck to Adv Planche – 5,3,6,4,5,5 secs
        Raised Planche Lean – 10,7,10 secs
        Tucked L-Sit – 30,30,30,22 secs

        I’ve chosen five workouts to cycle through because I find I’m only deciding what to do in the session while warming up and I’d like more structure.

        17 May

        Bent Arm Tuck Planche – 20,20,17,16,16 secs
        Hollow Body Hold – 30,30,30,25 secs

        I missed an opportunity to drop my legs slightly while doing the bent arm tuck. These are still tough for me despite being close to doing 5 x 20 secs.

        in reply to: Vert Code Elite (Feb 2020) #10356
        Fraser Young
        Keymaster

          WEEK 14

          6 May

          Foam Roll & Dynamic WU
          Lateral Band Exercise – 3 sets
          SL Jump – 3 sets
          Bounding Series – 2 sets
          Hurdle Jumps – 6 sets
          Weighted Pistol Variation – 3 sets
          RDL – 3 x 6 x 70kg

          First time doing this session and I really liked it.

          7 May

          Core/balance/feet supersets

          9 May

          Foam Roll & Dynamic WU
          1st Step Exercise – 3 sets
          Weighted DB Skip – 3 sets
          Hurdle Jumps – 4 sets
          Step Up Variation – 3 sets
          Jump Practice – 10 mins

          10 May

          Core/balance/feet supersets

          11 May

          Foam Roll & Dynamic WU
          Agility drill – 4 sets
          Bounding – 2 sets
          Hurdle Jumps – 4 sets
          Weighted Pistol Variation – 3 sets
          RDL – 3 x 6 x 72.5kg

          My back was troubling me the day before this and it was made worse by trying to be too explosive coming up from RDL, so it was fast on the way up but not max intent.

          The week as a whole was tougher on my body than I expected. It’s the “Spring” phase so I thought it would feel like a 4 week taper where I would go through each session feeling light on my feet and more explosive. I’m quite achey day to day which could be down to the hard surface I jump on because it’s joints more than muscles. I’m stepping up my rehab and taking cold showers a few hours after the hard sessions.

          Here’s the “hurdle” jumps from 6th May, I have to use a cone because I don’t have real hurdles.

          in reply to: Full Planche (Oct 2019) #10355
          Fraser Young
          Keymaster

            WEEK 31

            6 May

            PPPu – 5,6,5,6
            Raised L-Sit – 20,20,15 secs

            10 May

            Tuck Planche – 16,18,11 secs
            Dying Roach – 4 x 50 secs
            Hollow Body Hold – 3 x 30 secs

            Not a lot of volume this week but a lot of intensity. I am also increasing the amount of core work I do, which I also hope to move up in intensity. I don’t feel like balance is a problem so my goals are either to get a stronger lean or to work my core.

            in reply to: Full Planche (Oct 2019) #10354
            Fraser Young
            Keymaster

              WEEK 29

              23 Apr

              Tuck Planche with Single Knee Drop – 4,3,3,4,3,5,5,6,6,6,6 secs
              Tucked L-Sit – 30,30 secs
              Raised L-Sit – 20,16 secs

              Rather than drop both legs to get into an advanced tuck, I chose to let one leg drop on its own. The tutorial I watched stressed how much the abs are involved here so I plan to increase the volume I do.

              26 Apr

              Tuck Planche with Single Knee Drop – 5,4,6,7,5,5 secs
              Raised Planche Lean – 10,12,12,12 secs
              Hollow Body Hold – 3 x 30 secs

              WEEK 30

              29 Apr

              Raised Planche Lean – 12,10,10 secs
              Tuck Planche to Advanced – 5,6,5,5 secs
              A1 Tuck Planche – 9,11,12 secs
              A2 ISO Chair Pose – 20,20,20 secs
              Dying Roach – 3 x 50 secs

              A small breakthrough in technique, instead of initiating the transition to advanced tuck with my legs, I started by leaning further with my arms and used my leg position to counterbalance. I wanted to keep practising regular tuck planche because the longer I can hold, the stronger the base I have in which to try shifting to advanced.

              3 May

              Tuck Planche with Single Knee Drop – 5,6,6,5,6 secs
              Tuck Planche – 13,12,15 secs
              Dying Roach – 3 x 50 secs

              I’m feeling the consistency as my positions are more stable. I struggle a bit with my breathing because I exhale and then only manage to inhale in short bursts. Pleased to do a 15 second hold, I’m expecting to build quite quickly from here (1-2 seconds/week).

            Viewing 5 posts - 456 through 460 (of 722 total)