Fraser Young

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 5 posts - 436 through 440 (of 722 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Vert Code Elite (Feb 2020) #10418
    Fraser Young
    Keymaster

      WEEK 22

      23 Jul

      Single Step Accel – 2 sets
      Diagonal Step/Bound – 3 sets
      Skip Bounds – 4 sets
      Practice Jumps – 15 total, RL = 67cm, LR = 72cm
      Triple CC – 4 sets, 135kg Hex DL
      Deficit RLESS – 3 sets
      Agility Drill – 2 sets

      This was 48 hours after an identical session and I didn’t feel as sharp. I’m really pleased with my ability to consistently jump near my PB and it’s nice to be progressing the hex bar deadlifts by 5-10kg a week.

      24 Jul

      Hip/Hamstring Superset
      Ab/Hip Superset
      Lower Abs – 3 sets
      Lower Back – 2 sets

      No rowing this time round, I have tightness in my hips and groin.

      26 Jul

      Sprint – 8 x 54m in 9.26, 8.44, 8.10, 7.95, 8.00, 7.99, 8.04, 8.02
      Speed Hops – 4 x 20m per leg. Left: best of 4.31, Right: best of 4.44
      Broad Jump to Bound – 3 sets
      Speed Skater Variation – 2 sets
      Hurdle Jumps – 6 sets
      Ankle Stiffness – 4 sets
      Hamstring ISO – 3 sets

      If you’d seen me warming up for my sprints you’d tell me to not do the session. I’m really having to overcome a lot of tightness in the adductors, this time it was my left leg that hampered me. I modified my running mechanics and needed several pre-warm up runs before running at 50-75% pace for the first official timed run. Really happy to run sub 8 given how much I was running within myself and I’m ready to do a proper track session next weekend.

      27 Jul

      Hip/Hamstring Superset
      Ab/Hip Superset
      Lower Abs – 3 sets
      Lower Back – 2 sets

      28 Jul

      Single Step Accel – 2 sets
      Diagonal Step/Bound – 3 sets
      Skip Bounds – 4 sets
      Practice Jumps – 12 total, RL = 69cm, LR = 72cm
      Triple CC – 4 sets, 140kg Hex DL
      Deficit RLESS – 3 sets
      Agility Drill – 2 sets

      My body is finally adapting to the workload and my legs felt fresh and unrestricted today. I improved by 2cm on my weaker side but wasn’t able to match my PB jumping left-right. I don’t mind this because I wasn’t feeling that springy and I trained at 11am instead of 2pm, and I know I jump better early afternoon.

      This was a great week, I’ve been down about minor niggling injuries but I feel better now and confident that my body is capable of perhaps 31.5″ by the end of summer.

      Here are my single leg speed hops from a standing start. I was going about 90-95% with all the adductor problems.

      in reply to: 2010 Training Log #10410
      Fraser Young
      Keymaster

        Aug 30

        Proper DB Rows
        3 x 9 x 23.5kg

        Alt DB Bench Press
        1 x 18 x 33.5kg
        1 x 14 x 33.5kg

        BB Curls
        2 x 10 x 37kg

        Ab Circuit
        15 mins

        Aug 31

        Eccentric SL Ham Curls
        2 x 9 x 20kg

        Wall Sit/Ski Squats
        8 in 120 secs, 35kg

        Played basketball for an hour as a warm-up/vert. practice. Wall sit was easy, what a difference a session without acceleration makes to my quads.

        Sept 2

        Deadlift – 1 x 10 x 93.5kg, 3 x 10 x 98.5kg
        SLRDL – 2 x 10 x 44.5kg

        Sept 5

        Hurdle Jumps – 4 x 8 x 76/84cm
        Jumps for Height – 2 x 6
        Jump into Lunge – 2 x 6 per leg
        Shock Jump – 3 x 5 x 80cm

        Squats – 1 x 8 x 110kg, 1 x 8 x 115kg, 2 x 8 x 120kg
        Eccentric SL Ham Curls – 1 x 8 x 21.25kg, 1 x 8 x 22.5kg
        Side bridge – 1 min per side
        Front bridge – 2 mins

        in reply to: 2010 Training Log #10404
        Fraser Young
        Keymaster

          Mar 2 AM

          Donkey Kicks
          2 x 20 x 2.5kg

          Bench Press
          8 x 78.5kg
          5 x 87.5kg
          4 x 92kg

          Mar 6

          County Champs.

          Heats – 7.45. Last heat so aware that I didn’t need to go all out to qualify. Less intense out the blocks and eased off at 45m.

          Semi – ???. Better start, tense at the end as I was level with a guy and only one automatic qualifying spot. He won by a torso and a bit, maybe 6 or 7 hundredths. Electronic timing broke so we were given hand times, which aren’t even worth reporting.

          in reply to: 2010 Training Log #10403
          Fraser Young
          Keymaster

            Feb 2 PM

            Bench Press
            8 x 78.5kg
            2 x 6 x 85.2kg

            Feb 4 PM

            DB Arm Swings
            3 x 40 x 2.5kg per hand

            Explosive Press Ups
            3 x 8

            Stiff Legged Deadlift
            2 x 12 x 113kg

            Deadlift
            3 x 4 x 122kg fast

            Feb 11 AM

            DB Arm Swings
            3 x 40 x 2.5kg per hand

            Explosive Press Ups
            3 x 8

            Stiff Legged Deadlift
            2 x 12 x 113kg

            Deadlift
            3 x 4 x 122kg fast

            Feb 14 PM

            Clean Pulls
            3 x 7 x 72kg

            Back Squat (41cm box)
            3 x 8 x 108.5kg

            Bench Press
            3 x 8 x 78.5kg fast

            Feb 17 PM

            Race – 7.55

            It pains me to type that, I am so annoyed at myself. Granted I didn’t reduce my training load because it was a minor competition and I want to peak for counties, but to run my slowest time of the year on a fast track like that is infuriating. I got out ‘ok’, transitioned ‘ok’, and then had a complete absence of a top speed, and everyone just glided away from me. To make it worse there was a false start and I got out like a bullet the first time. The warm up area was too short to do a top speed run so I guess it was just a nasty surprise that I had no top speed to hit.

            Back Squats
            7 x 108.5kg
            7 x 113kg
            3 x 7 x 117.5kg
            11 x 108.5kg

            Feb 20 AM

            Clean Pulls
            3 x 7 x 72kg

            ISO Hamstring Hold
            3 x 15 secs

            Bench Press
            3 x 6 x 81kg fast

            Feb 23 AM/PM

            Donkey Kicks
            2 x 20 x 2.5kg

            Seated Abduction
            2 x 20

            Bench Press
            8 x 78.5kg
            2 x 5 x 87.5kg

            Feb 25 AM/PM

            Stiff Legged Deadlifts
            2 x 12 x 113kg

            Back Squats
            2 x 5 x 117.5kg

            Explosive Press Ups
            2 x 8

            Running Arms
            3 x 40

            Feb 27 PM

            Clean Pulls
            3 x 7 x 72kg

            ISO HS Hold
            3 x 15 secs

            Bench Press
            3 x 7 x 81kg

            in reply to: 2010 Training Log #10402
            Fraser Young
            Keymaster

              Jan 16 AM

              Clean Pulls
              3 x 7 x 72kg

              Front Squat
              10 x 81kg
              10 x 85.5kg
              9 x 90kg

              Bench Press
              2 x 7 x 81kg
              6 x 81kg

              ISO HF Hold
              3 x 15 secs

              Jan 19 PM

              Clean Pulls
              3 x 7 x 72kg

              Bench Press
              2 x 7 x 83kg
              6 x 83kg

              Jan 21 AM

              RDL

              2 x 12 x 108.5kg

              Deadlift
              5 x 128.5kg
              5 x 130.7kg
              5 x 128.5kg

              Press Ups
              2 x 37

              ISO HF Hold
              3 x 15 secs

              Jan 24 PM

              Clean Pulls
              3 x 7 x 72kg

              ISO HS Hold
              3 x 15 secs

              Front Squat
              8 x 87.5kg
              8 x 92kg
              8 x 94.2kg

              Bench Press
              2 x 6 x 85.5kg
              7 x 78.5kg fast

              Standing Plate Twist
              3 x 18 x 13.5kg

              Jan 30 AM

              60m Race

              Race 1 – 7.45. False start in the race didn’t help, made to go the second we got back behind our blocks. Got out well and then at 30m I just didn’t have a top speed to hit and didn’t make any progress through the field.

              Race 2 – 7.47. Two false starts this time. It’s quite simple – you don’t move until the gun goes. 3rd time I got out the worst, good acceleration and four of us were level at around 35m, when I lost composure and tried to muscle it to the finish.

              Frustration venting Deadlift
              5 x 128.5kg
              2 x 5 x 133kg

              Rather annoyed that the false starts weren’t called back until 10m down the track, even if it doesn’t take much out of me it’s still hundredths of a second between a p.b. and angry deadlifts.

              Bench Press
              8 x 78.5kg
              2 x 6 x 85.2kg

            Viewing 5 posts - 436 through 440 (of 722 total)