Fraser Young

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 5 posts - 411 through 415 (of 722 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Custom Jump Program (Nov 2020) #10449
    Fraser Young
    Keymaster

      23 Dec

      Resistance Band Dorsiflexion – 3 x 10
      Pogo Jumps – 3 x 20 secs
      Broad Jumps, 5
      Plank/Plyo/Speed Skater Combo – 3 sets
      2 Step 2 foot jumps – 8
      Patrick Step Up – 2 x 15 x 10kg
      DB KoT Lunge – 10 x 5kg
      BB KoT Lunge – 2 x 8 x 20kg
      Band Assisted Nordic Curl – 3 x 7
      Achilles Spring Combo – 2 x 35 secs, 7 reps

      25 Dec

      Resistance Band Dorsiflexion – 3 x 10
      Pogo Jumps – 4 x 20 secs
      Broad Jumps – 6, best of 2.32m
      Plank/Plyo/Speed Skater Combo – 3 sets
      CMJ – 7 jumps, best of 57cm
      Patrick Step Up – 2 x 15 x 15kg
      BB KoT Lunge – 3 x 8 x 20kg
      Band Assisted Nordic Curl – 3 x 7

      I still haven’t finalised the exercises. The plan is to do 4 weeks, then have a 2-3 day taper and change up some of the exercises or set/rep schemes. I incorporated some of the warm up drills from Freak Jump Technique 3, such as the dorsiflexion and the broad jumps. The combo is a 10 second RKC plank, 4 plyo pushups and 4 speed skaters (lateral bounds), to activate the muscles.

      WEEK 1

      28 Dec

      Resistance Band Dorsiflexion – 3 x 10
      Pogo Jumps – 4 x 20 secs
      Broad Jumps – 5, best of 2.33m
      Kneeling Jumps, 4
      Plank/Plyo/Speed Skater Combo – 3 sets
      2 step approach – 8 per side
      2 step pop ups – 4 per side
      2 step 2 footed jumps – 6 per side
      Tibialis Raise – 25 reps
      Copenhagen Plank – 2 x 20 secs

      This is the technical jumping day, I don’t have a lot of space so I can’t do much more than a 2 step approach, but that will stop me getting ahead of myself. This will be Mon & Thurs, with weights based on Tues & Fri, then the weekend off.

      29 Dec

      CMJ – 10 jumps, best of 58cm
      Patrick Step Up – 2 x 15 x 20kg
      BB KoT Lunge – 3 x 8 x 20kg
      Front Squat – 5 x 50,55,60kg
      Band Assisted Nordic Curls – 3 x 7
      Achilles Spring Combo – 2 x 35 secs, 7 reps

      The patrick step up is something I can happily increase the weight on, and now I’ve switched to a barbell lunge I can load up too. When I read that a 2 footed jump is more quad dominant I immediately wanted to include front squats but they’ve not really been in the programs I’ve followed. I won’t go super heavy there.

      31 Dec

      Resistance Band Dorsiflexion – 3 x 10
      A1 Pogo Jumps – 4 x 20 secs
      A2 Ziani Leg Lifts – 4 x 60 secs (80cm)
      Plank/Plyo/Speed Skater Combo – 3 sets
      Broad Jumps – 5, best of 2.31m
      2 step approach – 8 per side
      2 step pop ups – 4 per side
      2 step 2 footed jumps – 6 per side
      Tibialis Raise – 25 reps
      Copenhagen Plank – 2 x 20 secs

      Someone directed me to Kadour Ziani a while back and I had noted down his leg lifts (stand and lift straight leg over an object in front of you, repeat for time). The pogo jumps come with a 2 minute rest, so it was a perfect place to fit in some leg lifts.

      1 Jan 2021

      CMJ – 10 jumps, best of 56cm
      Patrick Step Up – 2 x 15 x 25kg
      BB KoT Lunge – 3 x 10 x 20kg
      Front Squat – 5 x 60,65,70kg
      Band Assisted Nordic Curls – 3 x 7
      Achilles Spring Combo – 2 x 35 secs, 7 reps

      3 Jan

      7 stretches from Becoming a Supple Leopard

      I have a list of my favourites and I know it’ll help keep me in better condition for the following training week.

      in reply to: Custom Jump Program (Nov 2020) #10448
      Fraser Young
      Keymaster

        16 Dec

        ATS – 3 x 4
        Patrick Step Up – 2 x 15 x 5kg
        CMJ – 5 jumps, best of 57cm
        DB KoT Lunge – 3 x 10 x 8.5kg
        Band Assisted Nordic Curl – 3 x 6
        Achilles Spring Combo – 2 x 35 secs, 7 reps
        Tibialis Raise – 25 reps

        I brought in the Achilles spring combo as that’s something my program is missing and it felt beneficial when I did it as part of VCE.

        in reply to: Full Planche (Oct 2019) #10447
        Fraser Young
        Keymaster

          WEEKS 60-63

          1 Dec

          Arnold Press – 3 x 12 x 8.5kg
          Weighted Pull ups – 3 x 6 x 15kg
          Handstand practice – 2,3,2, 30 secs

          I’ve been doing a 30 second wall handstand with flutter kicks and today I tried free handstands. I filmed it and it looked like a real mess so I need to work on straight body position and also awareness of what a good position feels like.

          4 Dec

          Pseudo Waistline Holds – 2 x 4 x 5 secs
          PPPu with feet against the wall – 4,5
          PPPu negatives – 8,8
          Planche Lean – 2 x 4 x 15 secs

          7 Dec

          Arnold Press – 3 x 12 x 8.5kg
          Weighted Pull ups – 6 x 20kg, 6 x 15kg, 6 x 10kg, 8 x BW
          Pike Pushups – 4 x 9

          I tried mixing it up with a sort of drop set in pull ups, will go back to the normal exercises in a few weeks after a busy period.

          2 WEEKS OFF – I tried planche on the 11th and I could barely do 4 seconds so I decided to give my body another break.

          27 Dec

          Advanced Tuck Planche – 4,14,12,12,10 secs

          A personal best by 1 second, video below. I have already started training for the straddle planche but I’ll have another go at holding a straddle for a few seconds and modify other exercises.

          in reply to: Full Planche (Oct 2019) #10446
          Fraser Young
          Keymaster

            WEEKS 59-60

            18 Nov

            L-Sit to Tucked Sit to Tuck Planche Pulse – 4,4,3,3
            Advanced Tuck Planche – 6 x 6 secs
            Raised L-Sit (bench) – 20, 17, 14 secs

            21 Nov

            Arnold Press – 9,12,12 x 8.5kg
            Weighted Pull ups – 3 x 6 x 15kg
            Pike Push up (feet elevated) – 11,11,8
            Handstand practice – 4 x 30 secs
            Reverse Table Top – 30 secs
            Hanging Toes to Bar – 2 x 8

            24 Nov

            Pseudo Waistline Holds – 2 x 4 x 5 secs
            PPPu with feet against the wall – 3,4
            PPPu negatives – 8,8
            Planche Lean – 2 x 4 x 15 secs

            26 Nov

            Arnold Press – 3 x 12 x 8.5kg
            Weighted Pull ups – 3 x 6 x 15kg
            Pike Push up (feet elevated) – 4 x 9
            Handstand practice – 4 x 30 secs
            Reverse Table Top – 30 secs
            Hanging Toes to Bar – 3 x 8

            29 Nov

            L-Sit to Tucked Sit to Tuck Planche Pulse – 4,4,4,3
            Advanced Tuck Planche – 5 x 6 secs, 1 x 3 secs

            Really pleased with the consistency over the last fortnight.

            in reply to: Custom Jump Program (Nov 2020) #10445
            Fraser Young
            Keymaster

              Preparation – Week 3

              6 Dec

              8 stretches

              9 Dec

              Around The Square (Vert Shock) – 3 x 4
              Patrick Step Up – 2 x 15
              CMJ – 8 jumps, best of 57cm/22.4″
              DB KoT Lunge – 3 x 10 x 8.5kg
              Assisted Nordic Curls – 3 x 6
              Tibialis Raise – 25 reps
              Copenhagen Plank – 2 x 25 secs

              12 Dec

              Around The Square (Vert Shock) – 3 x 4
              Patrick Step Up – 2 x 15
              CMJ – 6 jumps, best of 58cm/22.8″
              DB KoT Lunge – 3 x 10 x 8.5kg
              Assisted Nordic Curls – 3 x 6
              Tibialis Raise – 25 reps
              Copenhagen Plank – 2 x 20 secs

              Good pair of sessions, I didn’t have time for my second stretching session but I feel like I’m coming back to a base level of conditioning and can start progressing from here. I want to do some running jumps next week, add weights to the patrick step up and possibly a third session, then I can start FJT3 on 21st December.

              Here’s one of my Counter-movement jumps, I really like the arm swing as it gets you in a nice rhythm before the jump. I also shook my legs out between reps yesterday and that might have contributed to my extra height.

            Viewing 5 posts - 411 through 415 (of 722 total)