Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
WEEK 5
25 Jan
Resistance Band Dorsiflexion – 2 x 15
A1 Pogo Jumps – 4 x 20 secs
A2 Ziani Leg Lifts – 4 x 60 secs (94cm)
Wall Drill – 2 x 6
Arm Drill – 3 x 10
Plank/Plyo/Speed Skater Combo – 3 sets
Broad Jumps – 5, best of 2.41m
2 step approach – 8 per side
2 step pop ups – 4 per side
2 step 2 footed jumps – 6 per side
Tibialis Raise – 25 repsI re-read the FJT3 program notes and spotted two drills that were phased in later. I used my own arm drill (see Instagram) and the wall drill is dropping into a half squat really quickly. Other than that, this is the technical session so not a lot needed to change. When I do have access to a court I will do some single leg jumps and longer run ups.
26 Jan
Banded Pull Through – 3 x 8
Tuck Jumps – 2 x 10
Patrick Step Up – 2 x 15 x 45kg
ATG Split Squat – 3 x 9 x 35kg
Depth Jumps – 4 x 4 x exercise bench (50cm?)
Front Squats (max intent) – 5 x 50,55,60kg
A1 Nordic Curls – 3 x 7
A2 Pogo Jumps – 3 x 20 secsThe pull throughs were more like a glute activation drill for me, tuck jumps are from Vert Shock which are a stationary version of hurdle hops. The KoT lunge has been rebranded to split squat, because fixed feet is technically not a lunge. I will measure my exercise bench, but I step off that and try to work on a short ground contact time for depth jumps. I wanted to keep front squats in and explode up from the bottom of the movement, I have no idea how much weight I can do that with so I was experimenting.
28 Jan
Resistance Band Dorsiflexion – 2 x 15
A1 Pogo Jumps – 4 x 20 secs
A2 Ziani Leg Lifts – 4 x 60 secs (94cm)
Wall Drill – 2 x 6
Arm Drill – 3 x 10
Plank/Plyo/Speed Skater Combo – 3 sets
Broad Jumps – 5, best of 2.45m
2 step approach – 8 per side
2 step pop ups – 4 per side
2 step 2 footed jumps – 6 per side
Tibialis Raise – 25 repsIdentical to Monday.
29 Jan
Banded Pull Through – 3 x 8
Tuck Jumps – 2 x 10
Patrick Step Up – 2 x 15 x 50kg
ATG Split Squat – 3 x 10 x 40kg
Weighted Jumps – 4 x 4 x 40kg
SL Jump to Bench – 3 x 8 per leg
RDL – 6 x 70,75,80kgThe first half of the session is the same as Tuesday, then it diverges. I didn’t want to do depth jumps twice a week as they’re taxing on the CNS so I did hex bar weighted jumps, which I did in VCE. Then a single leg hop to my exercise bench, this has been in two programs and I like it. I wanted a change from nordics and to have a hip hinge rather than knee dominant hamstring move. This was all a bit light so I’ll need to bump that next week.
30 Jan
Epsom Salt Bath – 25 mins
Ohhh lord, relaxation galore. I didn’t feel the need for mobility work as I was feeling great after this.
If IG embedding allows, here’s my own arm drill which I was taught by a high jump coach
WEEK 4
18 Jan
Resistance Band Dorsiflexion – 2 x 15
A1 Pogo Jumps – 4 x 20 secs
A2 Ziani Leg Lifts – 4 x 60 secs (94cm)
Plank/Plyo/Speed Skater Combo – 3 sets
Broad Jumps – 5, best of 2.40m
2 step approach – 8 per side
2 step pop ups – 4 per side
2 step 2 footed jumps – 6 per side
Tibialis Raise – 25 reps19 Jan
CMJ – 6 jumps, best of 60cm
Patrick Step Up – 2 x 15 x 40kg
Front Squats – 3 x 5 x 75kg
BB KoT Lunge – 3 x 9 x 35kg
Band Assisted Nordic Curls – 3 x 7Pleasantly surprised by my CMJ, not far off my PB now (63cm?). I’m also aware of the rough rule that your running vert should be 5+ inches more than standing, so I’m keen to test my running vert soon.
21 Jan
OFF – Moving house and while I had time at the end of the day to squeeze in a session, I felt the quality would be poor.
23 Jan
CMJ – 6 jumps, best of 59cm
Patrick Step Up – 2 x 15 x 45kg
Power Cleans (doubles) – 2 x 60,60,65,70,75kg
BB KoT Lunge – 3 x 10 x 35kg
Band Assisted Nordic Curls – 3 x 7
Achilles Spring Combo – 2 x 35 secs, 7 repsMy power clean technique is still a work in progress, but if I don’t use enough weight I end up upright rowing it. Nice to see my CMJ stayed slightly above my previous weeks. I took an extra day before completing this because moving house took more out of me than I thought and I was aching in a few places.
24 Jan
7 stretches from Becoming a Supple Leopard
So that’s the end of my first 4 week cycle, I’ve sat down and looked at what I want to add/remove for the next four weeks and I’m happy with what I have. I could obsessively pick over each exercise or try and fit everything in but I wanted to avoid overthinking and stick with what first comes to mind.
Here’s my slightly improved power cleans with a hook grip
https://www.instagram.com/p/CKcHAXnnLAz/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
WEEK 3
11 Jan
Resistance Band Dorsiflexion – 3 x 10
A1 Pogo Jumps – 4 x 20 secs
A2 Ziani Leg Lifts – 4 x 60 secs (94cm)
Kneeling Jumps – 5
Plank/Plyo/Speed Skater Combo – 3 sets
Broad Jumps – 5, best of 2.45m
2 step approach – 8 per side
2 step pop ups – 4 per side
2 step 2 footed jumps – 6 per side
Tibialis Raise – 25 repsSuddenly able to travel further in my broad jumps, it was nice to see. I did and up tweaking my adductor though which made me aware of it for the rest of the session.
12 Jan
OFF – My adductor is still bothering me so I skipped legs.
14 Jan
Resistance Band Dorsiflexion – 2 x 15
A1 Pogo Jumps – 4 x 20 secs
A2 Ziani Leg Lifts – 4 x 60 secs (94cm)
Plank/Plyo/Speed Skater Combo – 3 sets
Broad Jumps – 5, best of 2.37m
2 step approach – 8 per side
2 step pop ups – 4 per side
2 step 2 footed jumps – 6 per side
Tibialis Raise, 25 repsI removed the kneeling jumps as they were doing nothing for me, the Copenhagen plank is now in my warm up as it’s good for reducing injury risk of the adductors.
15 Jan
CMJ – 6 jumps, best of 58cm
Patrick Step Up – 2 x 15 x 40kg
Power Cleans (singles) – 10 x 1 x 50kg
BB KoT Lunge – 3 x 8 x 35kg
Band Assisted Nordic Curls – 3 x 7
Achilles Spring Combo – 2 x 35 secs, 7 repsI reduced the weight on power cleans and also switched to a hook grip, which was an immediate improvement.
17 Jan
7 stretches from Becoming a Supple Leopard
Overall a solid week, still playing around with exercise order but I’m much happier with it now. The plan was to take 2 sessions off every 4 weeks and if those happen to be because of injury then I can roll straight into the next 4 week cycle without a deload.
WEEKS 64-65
29 Dec
Arnold Press – 3 x 12 x 9.5kg
Weighted Pull ups – 3 x 6 x 15kg
Pike Push up (feet elevated) – 3 x 8
Handstand practice – 4 x 30 secs
Reverse Table Top – 30 secs1 Jan 2021
L-Sit to Tuck to Pulse – 4 x 3
Advanced Tuck Planche – 5 x 5 secs
Raised L-Sit (30cm) – 3 x 20 secsThe advanced tuck was supposed to be 5 x 7 secs but I’m a bit rusty and deconditioned.
3 Jan7 stretches from Becoming a Supple Leopard
I have a list of 12 upper body stretches and I worked through a sample of them to see which ones are best.
5 Jan
Pseudo Waistline Hold – 2 x 2 x 10 secs
PPPu – 5, 4
PPPu Negatives – 2 x 8
Planche Lean – 2 x 4 x 15 secsI’ve been dawdling with this one for too long so I’m ramping it up. The goal is a 20 second pseudo waistline hold so I moved it from 5 to 10 seconds and coped quite well. While I’m not racing to complete the full planche in the shortest time, I need some sort of urgency otherwise it will drag on forever.
7 Jan
Arnold Press – 3 x 12 x 9.5kg
A1 Weighted Pull ups – 3 x 6 x 15kg
A2 Pike Push up (feet elevated) – 3 x 9
Handstand practice – 4 x 30 secs (60 secs rest)
Reverse Table Top – 30 secsI had barely any time so I cut a minute rest from each set and supersetted the pull ups and push ups. It went well but fell apart a bit at the handstands, really need to carve out more time for the gym.
WEEK 2
4 Jan
Resistance Band Dorsiflexion – 3 x 10
A1 Pogo Jumps – 4 x 20 secs
A2 Ziani Leg Lifts – 4 x 60 secs (80cm)
Kneeling Jumps – 5
Plank/Plyo/Speed Skater Combo – 3 sets
Broad Jumps – 5, best of 2.30m
2 step approach – 8 per side
2 step pop ups – 4 per side
2 step 2 footed jumps – 6 per side
Tibialis Raise – 25 reps
Copenhagen Plank – 2 x 25 secs5 Jan
CMJ – 8 jumps, best of 58cm
Patrick Step Up – 2 x 15 x 30kg
BB KoT Lunge – 3 x 10 x 25kg
Front Squat – 5 x 70,70,75kg
Band Assisted Nordic Curls – 3 x 7
Achilles Spring Combo – 2 x 35 secs, 7 reps7 Jan
Resistance Band Dorsiflexion – 3 x 10
A1 Pogo Jumps – 4 x 20 secs
A2 Ziani Leg Lifts – 4 x 60 secs (80cm)
Kneeling Jumps – 5
Plank/Plyo/Speed Skater Combo – 3 sets
Broad Jumps – 5, best of 2.35m
2 step approach – 8 per side
2 step pop ups – 4 per side
2 step 2 footed jumps – 6 per sideShort on time so I skipped the end exercises. I’ll probably move the copenhagen plank to my warm up at some point as my adductors are quite sore by the time I get round to them.
8 Jan
CMJ – 9 jumps, best of 58cm
Patrick Step Up – 2 x 15 x 35kg
Power Cleans (singles) – 2 x 60kg, 2 x 62.5kg, 2 x 65kg, 2 x 67.5kg, 2 x 70kg
BB KoT Lunge – 3 x 10 x 30kg
Band Assisted Nordic Curls – 3 x 7
Achilles Spring Combo – 2 x 35 secs, 7 repsPower cleans were meant to be in it last week but I wanted to establish my front squats more. My technique is ugly so I want to spend time fixing it as the power clean helps a lot with jump power.
10 Jan
7 stretches from Becoming a Supple Leopard
-
AuthorPosts
