Reply To: 2022 Training Log

Fraser_9to5
Keymaster

11 Jan

SL Line Hops – 2 x fwd/bwd x 15 secs, 2 x left/right x 15 secs
    Front Squat – 5 x 65kg, 3 x 75kg, 10 x 82.5kg
    Straight Legged Deadlifts – 5 x 10 x 52.5kg

INJURED

I’ve never had this before but it’s a sharp pain on the inside of my knee which I’ve self diagnosed as an MCL strain. It’s almost certainly the line hops to blame, but weirdly I didn’t feel anything during my workout and only later was it bothering me. Since it wasn’t clear what caused it I downplayed it and continued climbing stairs, walking, crouching etc. and assuming it’ll be fine in the morning, but that made it wayyyy worse.

REHAB – MCL Strain (?)

15 Jan

Heel slides – 3 x 10
    Seated Straight Leg Raise – 4 x 10
    Dead bugs – 3 x 10
    Single Leg Stand – 3 x 30 secs

I have a copy of the BMA (British Medical Association) guide to injuries and have been following that. This is their “early rehab” and I managed all of them pain free.

17 Jan

Low Box Step Ups – 3 x 15 per leg
    Bird Dogs – NO!

Well.. that specific movement is a no go for my knee.

18 Jan

AM – walking 1.2 miles
    PM – walking 1.5 miles

I ordered a knee brace and have been wearing it since the evening of the 16th, but took it off to try walking. It’s part of the next stage of rehab, and 20 minutes pain free is the goal. I did two walks to see how I’ll feel the next day, as the morning one was very slow (40 mins).

19 Jan

AM – walking 1.2 miles
    Low Box Step Ups – 3 x 15 per leg

My leg feels no better in the last 3-4 days so I’m a little concerned about what recovery timeframe I’m looking at. I’ve only really had muscle injuries so this is new to me. If there’s no improvement this week I’ll see a doctor early next week. My knee felt worse doing the low box step ups today than on the 17th so I didn’t do my second walk. I’m probably getting ahead of myself and should still be in Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation mode. Frustrating.