WEEKS 77-81

1 Apr

Straddle Bent Arm Planche – 3,2,2,2 secs, 4 x 2 secs
    Tuck to Straddle Bent Arm Planche – 5 attempts
    Straddle Bent Arm Planche Jump & Hold – 10 attempts
    Straddle PPPu – 10
    L-sit to tuck to tuck planche – 2,3,4
    Scap Pushups – 8,10,8

I got a bit disheartened at the session I had been doing and went off on a tangent.

6 Apr

L-sit to tucked l-sit to tuck planche – 4 x 5
    Slow Scap Pushups – 4 x 8

I stuck with my tangent, this series of transitions has helped me so much so I wanted to get back to doing it. I was trying tuck planche push ups and not managing more than 2-3, which made me realise my base level strength could do with some work. I did some slow pushups with a retracted scapula at the top (rounded back) and these felt good (and tough!).

11 Apr

L-sit to tucked l-sit to straddle planche – 5,4,5,5,4
    Slow Scap Pushups – 9,9,9,8,9

I briefly popped my legs out into a straddle and was pleased with the stability I had, possibly due to my new parallettes. I’m quite happy to just do this session every 5 days and see if I can make progress.

16 Apr

L-sit to tucked l-sit to straddle planche – 5,5,4,4,3
    Slow Scap Pushups – 9,9,9,7

21 Apr

L-sit to tucked l-sit to straddle planche – 5,5,5,3,3
    Slow Scap Pushups – 10,9,8,8

27 Apr

L-sit to tucked l-sit to tuck planche to tuck pushups – 12 singles
    Slow Scap Pushups – 11,11,10,9

I added to the combo move as I’m quite stable in a tuck planche. From there I lowered into a tuck planche pushup and back, then returning to the sequence of tucked l-sit and l-sit. That doubles as pushup work but I still added in some slow scap pushups to finish.

2 May

L-sit to tucked l-sit to tuck planche to tuck pushups – 2,2,2,3,2,2,2,2,2
    Slow Scap Pushups – 11,11,9,8,8

I got ahead of myself with the 3 reps but I was doing two sequences back to back quite well. I also tried to lower into a straddle bent arm planche but it went horribly wrong so I won’t be doing that any time soon. I still feel like progress is being made but it would be nice to add in a straddle element.

Here is the single L-sit/tucked l-sit/tuck planche/tuck pushup combo. Another option is to progress this into a handstand, but being able to do sets of 5+ would surely help with my planche goals.