Reply To: Custom Jump Program (Nov 2020)

Fraser_9to5
Keymaster

WEEK 16

19 Apr

Broad Jumps – 7 (best of 254cm)
    A1 Penultimate Acceleration – 2 x 5
    A2 Mechanics Primer – 2 x 4
    2 step jumps – 10, LR = 72cm, RL = 73cm
    Res. Band Adductor – 2 x 40 secs
    Standing Hip Flexor Hold – 3 x 20 secs x 5kg

Really good session, I was in the groove with my RL take-off and found success getting a little closer to the rim with my final two contacts. I added 4cm to my PB on that side but couldn’t replicate that improvement with my LR. My all time PB still stands at 74cm but it was definitely under threat today.

21 Apr

Seated Box Jumps – 3 x 5
    Split Jumps – 3 x 5 per side
    SL Line Hops – 3 sets

23 Apr

REST

I had laser tattoo removal on the 22nd because I need to get in two sessions before I’m away on holiday. It meant having to skip my final session of the program.

26 Apr

Broad Jumps – 7 (best of 245cm)
    A1 Penultimate Acceleration – 1 x 5
    A2 Mechanics Primer – 1 x 4
    2 step jumps – 10, LR = 71cm, RL = 71cm

I’m not sure where to go from here so I tried one more Monday jump session. I’m probably a little deconditioned having had four days off and my tattoo recovery doesn’t help matters. It’s interesting my broad jump was also down, if there’s a strong correlation I could either a) use broad jump improvement to track progress or b) abandon a session in favour of a recovery day if my broad jump is way down on my best.

Having got to the stage where I’m 1cm away from my personal best it feels like I should repeat the same week to see where it takes me. If I think about my sprint training at Uni then “in-season” would be mid-May to late August, and the weight room would only be for maintenance. Vert Shock also has a “maintenance phase” so the idea isn’t to just keep going back to week 1 every few months.

Here’s my 73cm from a RL takeoff