23 Jul

Single Step Accel – 2 sets
    Diagonal Step/Bound – 3 sets
    Skip Bounds – 4 sets
    Practice Jumps – 15 total, RL = 67cm, LR = 72cm
    Triple CC – 4 sets, 135kg Hex DL
    Deficit RLESS – 3 sets
    Agility Drill – 2 sets

This was 48 hours after an identical session and I didn’t feel as sharp. I’m really pleased with my ability to consistently jump near my PB and it’s nice to be progressing the hex bar deadlifts by 5-10kg a week.

24 Jul

Hip/Hamstring Superset
    Ab/Hip Superset
    Lower Abs – 3 sets
    Lower Back – 2 sets

No rowing this time round, I have tightness in my hips and groin.

26 Jul

Sprint – 8 x 54m in 9.26, 8.44, 8.10, 7.95, 8.00, 7.99, 8.04, 8.02
    Speed Hops – 4 x 20m per leg. Left: best of 4.31, Right: best of 4.44
    Broad Jump to Bound – 3 sets
    Speed Skater Variation – 2 sets
    Hurdle Jumps – 6 sets
    Ankle Stiffness – 4 sets
    Hamstring ISO – 3 sets

If you’d seen me warming up for my sprints you’d tell me to not do the session. I’m really having to overcome a lot of tightness in the adductors, this time it was my left leg that hampered me. I modified my running mechanics and needed several pre-warm up runs before running at 50-75% pace for the first official timed run. Really happy to run sub 8 given how much I was running within myself and I’m ready to do a proper track session next weekend.

27 Jul

Hip/Hamstring Superset
    Ab/Hip Superset
    Lower Abs – 3 sets
    Lower Back – 2 sets

28 Jul

Single Step Accel – 2 sets
    Diagonal Step/Bound – 3 sets
    Skip Bounds – 4 sets
    Practice Jumps – 12 total, RL = 69cm, LR = 72cm
    Triple CC – 4 sets, 140kg Hex DL
    Deficit RLESS – 3 sets
    Agility Drill – 2 sets

My body is finally adapting to the workload and my legs felt fresh and unrestricted today. I improved by 2cm on my weaker side but wasn’t able to match my PB jumping left-right. I don’t mind this because I wasn’t feeling that springy and I trained at 11am instead of 2pm, and I know I jump better early afternoon.

This was a great week, I’ve been down about minor niggling injuries but I feel better now and confident that my body is capable of perhaps 31.5″ by the end of summer.

Here are my single leg speed hops from a standing start. I was going about 90-95% with all the adductor problems.