Fraser Young

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 5 posts - 471 through 475 (of 722 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Full Planche (Oct 2019) #10341
    Fraser Young
    Keymaster

      WEEK 22

      3 Mar

      Tuck to Press Handstand Practice – 10
      Headstand to Handstand Press – 4
      Wall Handstand Flutter – 15, 20, 5 secs
      Hollow Body Holds – 30,35,30 secs

      8 Mar

      Handstand Pushups – 2,3,3,2
      Bent Arm Tuck Planche – 20, 15 secs
      Hollow Body Hold – 3 x 30 secs

      in reply to: Vert Code Elite (Feb 2020) #10340
      Fraser Young
      Keymaster

        WEEK 8

        26 Mar

        Dynamic Warmup
        A1 Unilateral squat variation w 20kg DB
        A2 Posterior Chain Exercise
        B1-3 Agility Drills
        C1 Max ISO Hold 210kg
        C2 Resistance Band Jumps
        D1 Weighted Jump variation
        D2 Depth Drop variation
        Hex DL/RDL
        Unilateral Osc Squat – 12.5kg DB’s
        SL Calf superset

        27 Mar

        9 stretches
        4 supersets (core, balance, feet)

        29 Mar

        6 x ~60 yard sprints (9.9, 9.08, 8.38, 8.44, 8.33, 8.43)
        Broad Jump, Power Skips, Jump Practice
        Split Stance Squat, 3 sets

        Wet ground so the sprints were a little slower, felt sluggish on the courts as this is my 4th week of heavy training.

        30 Mar

        9 stretches
        4 supersets (core, balance, feet)

        31 Mar

        Dynamic Warmup
        A1 Unilateral squat variation w 20kg DB
        A2 Posterior Chain Exercise
        B1-3 Agility Drills
        C1 SL Max ISO Hold 135kg
        C2 Resistance Band Jumps
        D1 Weighted Jump variation
        D2 Depth Drop variation
        Hex DL/RDL 3 sets
        Unilateral Osc Squat – 15kg DB’s
        SL Calf superset

        Great final session but the fatigue is obvious in my legs so it’ll be nice to have a break.

        Here’s the slope I’ve been sprinting on.

        in reply to: Vert Code Elite (Feb 2020) #10339
        Fraser Young
        Keymaster

          WEEK 7

          19 Mar

          Dynamic Warmup
          A1 Unilateral squat variation w 20kg DB
          A2 Posterior Chain Exercise
          B1-3 Agility Drills
          C1 Max ISO Hold 200kg
          C2 Resistance Band Jumps
          D1 Weighted Jump variation
          D2 Depth Drop variation
          Hex DL/RDL
          Unilateral Osc Squat – 8.5kg DB’s
          SL Calf superset

          22 Mar

          9 stretches
          4 supersets (core, balance, feet)

          6 x ~60 yard sprints (9.33, 8.83, 8.48, 8.26, 8.29, 8.26)
          Broad Jump, Power Skips, Jump Practice
          Split Stance Squat, 3 sets

          I was getting over an illness so had to double up my sessions, still not 100% here but getting there.

          23 Mar

          9 stretches
          4 supersets (core, balance, feet)

          24 Mar

          Dynamic Warmup
          A1 Unilateral squat variation w 20kg DB
          A2 Posterior Chain Exercise
          B1-3 Agility Drills
          C1 Max ISO Hold 200kg
          C2 Resistance Band Jumps
          D1 Weighted Jump variation
          D2 Depth Drop variation
          Hex DL/RDL 3 sets
          Unilateral Osc Squat – 10kg DB’s
          SL Calf superset

          The more I repeat this the more I appreciate the programming. Superset D is tough on my knees as I don’t have a box to land on, so I have to fall back to the ground and land on my patio. Based on experience I don’t think I’m far from developing knee problems but for now I feel completely fine.

          I will be taking my ladder to the courts for week 4 and measuring my max vert, but given this is the loading phase with quite a lot of lifting I wouldn’t expect to be setting a new PB (currently 26.75″ / 68cm).

          in reply to: Vert Code Elite (Feb 2020) #10338
          Fraser Young
          Keymaster

            WEEK 6

            11 Mar

            9 stretches
            4 supersets (core, balance, feet)

            This was meant to be the 13th but I was going to be busy that day so moved it to the 11th.

            12 Mar

            Dynamic Warmup
            A1 Unilateral squat variation w 17.5kg DB
            A2 Posterior Chain Exercise
            B1-3 Agility Drills
            C1 Max ISO Hold 190-200kg
            C2 Resistance Band Jumps
            D1 Weighted Jump variation
            D2 Depth Drop variation
            Hex DL/RDL 3 x 4 x 110kg
            Unilateral Osc Squat – 3.5 kg DB’s
            SL Calf superset

            Love that calf superset.

            14 Mar

            MISSED SESSION

            I will train through pretty much anything but I had some quite extreme shortness of breath, following a high fever, and I couldn’t even stand up without feeling like I’m going to faint.

            16 Mar

            9 stretches
            4 supersets (core, balance, feet)

            17 Mar

            Dynamic Warmup
            A1 Unilateral squat variation w 20kg DB
            A2 Posterior Chain Exercise
            B1-3 Agility Drills
            C1 Max ISO Hold 200kg
            C2 Resistance Band Jumps
            D1 Weighted Jump variation
            D2 Depth Drop variation
            Hex DL/RDL 3 x 4 x 110kg
            Unilateral Osc Squat – 8.5kg DB’s
            SL Calf superset

            Most likely to be considered idiotic to train in my physical state but I took longer rest and felt much better than at the weekend. Still battling flu-like symptoms and due to Covid-19 I am self isolating for 7 days.

            This is D2 Depth Drop variation

            in reply to: Vert Code Elite (Feb 2020) #10337
            Fraser Young
            Keymaster

              PHASE 2

              WEEK 5

              5-6 Mar

              Deload days including more extensive foam rolling, stretching and gentle cycling.

              7 Mar

              6 x ~60 yard sprints (9.86, 8.77, 8.49, 8.26, 8.40, 8.37)
              Broad Jump, Power Skips, Jump Practice
              Split Stance Squat 8 x 60kg, 2 x 8 x 80kg

              I don’t have access to a track and the football/rugby pitches near me are quite bobbly, so I ran uphill on the tarmac road near me. The first few were submax and the times are only comparable to future sessions.

              8 Mar

              9 stretches
              4 supersets (core, balance, feet)

              I skipped a few of the stretches as I passed all the flexibility tests before starting this. These were new supersets but I preferred phase 1 and the ab exercises are run of the mill.

              10 Mar

              Dynamic Warmup
              A1 Unilateral squat variation w 15kg DB
              A2 Posterior Chain Exercise
              B1-3 Agility Drills
              C1 Max ISO Hold 170-190kg
              C2 Resistance Band Jumps
              D1 Weighted Jump variation
              D2 Depth Drop variation
              Hex DL/RDL 4 x 110,100,100kg
              Unilateral Osc Squat – BW only
              SL Calf superset

              This was about 1h45 but felt like it was taking ages. I studied the videos the previous day but still had to re-watch a few as this is almost all new to me. I really liked a lot of these exercises and I feel like my legs have been thoroughly worked. This was tougher than phase 1 and so it’s possible my vert will go down a bit as I adapt to this.

              Here’s superset C

            Viewing 5 posts - 471 through 475 (of 722 total)