Fraser Young

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 5 posts - 446 through 450 (of 722 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Vert Code Elite (Feb 2020) #10371
    Fraser Young
    Keymaster

      WEEK 19

      23 Jun

      A1 Resistance Band Lateral – 3 sets
      A2 Lateral Step w Jump – 3 sets
      B1 Res. Band Block Step – 3 sets
      B2 Bound to Jump – 3 sets
      C1 Hex Hang Pull – 4 sets
      C2 Pogo Jumps – 4 sets
      Split Stance 1/4 Squat – 4 sets
      D1 Rhythm Squats – 3 sets
      D2 Banded Pull Through – 3 sets
      Sub Max Jumping – SKIPPED

      My Achilles continues to be a minor problem so I thought I could skip the sub max jumps and allow it a bit of time to rest.

      24 Jun

      Foam Roll, 4 Core Exercises, 1 Foot Conditioning Drill

      I took the stretches out because I’ve possibly been dealing with minor strains in my adductors and hip flexors and I don’t want to make them worse.

      25 Jun

      2x Resistance Band Drills – 2 sets
      Cone Drill – 3 sets
      Hurdle Jumps – 3 sets
      A1 SL DB Jump – 4 sets
      A2 SL takeoff – 4 sets
      B1 SLRDL variation – 4 sets
      B2 SL Broad Jump to SL Vert – 4 sets
      Weighted Reverse Plank – 3 sets
      Sub Max Jumping – 3 x 90 secs

      There was no benefit to trying to max out my SL broad jump so I stopped measuring it.

      26 Jun

      Foam Roll, 4 Core Exercises

      28 Jun

      Running Vert – ~70cm
      A1 Resistance Band Lateral – 3 sets
      A2 Lateral Step w Jump – 3 sets
      B1 Res. Band Block Step – 3 sets
      B2 Bound to Jump – 3 sets
      C1 Hex Hang Pull – 4 sets
      C2 Pogo Jumps – 4 sets
      Split Stance 1/4 Squat – 3 sets
      D1 Rhythm Squats – 3 sets
      D2 Banded Pull Through – 3 sets
      Sub Max Jumping (in shoes) – 2:00, 2:00

      I have been carrying small injuries through the last week and I know how important it is to give near 100% in the exercises so I wanted to make sure I wasn’t subconsciously holding back. I did 3-4 jumps after my warm up and managed to get within about 4cm of my PB without really committing to the jump, so I was very pleased. I’ll continue to put the work in and test my vert properly after the deload on 9th July.

      in reply to: Full Planche (Oct 2019) #10370
      Fraser Young
      Keymaster

        WEEK 37

        15 Jun

        Bring Sally Up – 80 secs
        Advanced Tuck Planche – 4,7,8,6,4,5,5 secs (39 total)
        Bring Sally Up – 90 secs

        Only 1 second longer in my best effort but overall I managed more volume.

        17 Jun

        Planche Lean Touch – 27cm, 2 x 28cm, 1 x 29cm, 1 x 30cm
        A1 Inverted Rows – 20,15,11
        A2 Hanging Toes to Bar – 8,8,8

        I strained the inside of my left elbow/bicep getting that 30cm lean, need to calm down. I was in a bit of a hurry to improve now that I feel like I’m on track, and as a precaution I’ve skipped the PPPu I would have done on the 20th. It’s a very minor injury but knowing how much pressure builds up doing PPPu I’m happy to give my body a little rest from this 3x/week program.

        I plan to try a straddle planche because I don’t think I’m a million miles away from it, for now here’s my slightly longer advanced tuck planche. I look to hold so my knees are in line with hands, because that feels the most natural.

        in reply to: Vert Code Elite (Feb 2020) #10368
        Fraser Young
        Keymaster

          WEEK 18

          15 Jun

          Foam Roll, 11 stretches, 4 Core Exercises, 1 Foot Conditioning Drill

          16 Jun

          A1 Resistance Band Lateral – 3 sets
          A2 Lateral Step w Jump – 3 sets
          B1 Res. Band Block Step – 3 sets
          B2 Bound to Jump – 3 sets
          C1 Hex Hang Pull – 4 sets
          C2 Pogo Jumps – 4 sets
          Split Stance 1/4 Squat – 4 sets
          D1 Rhythm Squats – 3 sets
          D2 Banded Pull Through – 3 sets
          Sub Max Jumping – 2:15, 2:30, 2:30

          17 Jun

          Foam Roll, 11 stretches, 4 Core Exercises, 1 Foot Conditioning Drill

          18 Jun

          2x Resistance Band Drills – 2 sets
          Cone Drill – 3 sets
          Hurdle Jumps – 3 sets
          A1 SL DB Jump – 4 sets
          A2 SL takeoff – 4 sets
          B1 SLRDL variation – 4 sets
          B2 SL Broad Jump to SL Vert – 4 sets (2.6m, 70cm)
          Weighted Reverse Plank – 3 sets
          Sub Max Jumping – 3 x 90 secs

          My Achilles was troubling me so I did the minimum on sub max jumping. I started measuring my SL takeoff and I managed 58cm and 60cm, which is a PB simply because I’ve never measured it before. I have since watched the jump tutorial and I can certainly clean my technique up and get another few inches.

          19 Jun

          Foam Roll, 11 stretches, 4 Core Exercises, 1 Foot Conditioning Drill
          Rowing – 3km in 2:16/500m pace

          I’ve rushed into high volume work and my Achilles is tender, so instead of running I dusted off my erg and did some low impact rowing.

          21 Jun

          A1 Resistance Band Lateral – 3 sets
          A2 Lateral Step w Jump – 3 sets
          B1 Res. Band Block Step – 3 sets
          B2 Bound to Jump – 3 sets
          C1 Hex Hang Pull – 4 sets
          C2 Pogo Jumps – 4 sets
          Split Stance 1/4 Squat – 2 sets*
          D1 Rhythm Squats – 3 sets
          D2 Banded Pull Through – 3 sets
          Sub Max Jumping (in shoes) – 1:30, 2:00, 2:15

          *I misread this exercise and I’d been doing 4 sets instead of 3, so I balanced it out with 2 sets today.

          My Achilles was fine, I can feel it but it didn’t get any worse and it’s only really the pogo jumps where I could tell it was being worked. It just dawned on me that the first two supersets are dedicated to improving my block step so I was paying extra attention to shin angle etc. I had been doing the sub max jumps in socks but I kept my trainers on to lessen the impact on my Achilles. I have tightness in the very upper, upper part of my adductor which I can feel when I try a really aggressive long penultimate, so I held back a little in this. It’s not about doing the splits in mid air anyway, you can get just as much force by jumping into it.

          Here’s the split stance squats I’d been overdoing in the first session.

          in reply to: Vert Code Elite (Feb 2020) #10367
          Fraser Young
          Keymaster

            PHASE 5

            WEEK 17

            9 Jun

            A1 Resistance Band Lateral – 3 sets
            A2 Lateral Step w Jump – 3 sets
            B1 Res. Band Block Step – 3 sets
            B2 Bound to Jump – 3 sets
            C1 Hex Hang Pull – 3 sets 60kg, 1 set 70kg
            C2 Pogo Jumps – 4 sets
            Split Stance 1/4 Squat – 2 sets 100kg, 2 sets 110kg
            D1 Rhythm Squats – 3 sets
            D2 Banded Pull Through – 3 sets
            Sub Max Jumping – 1:45, 2:00, 2:15

            Well, that was a lot. My adductor was 90+% but I held back slightly, I really like the block step exercise because I can see so much room for improvement in the technique he recommends compared to what I do currently. I like the hang pull too, I didn’t bother with a high pull because I’ve never done them before whereas I’ve done years of hang power cleans so a hang pull is comfortable. I did feel a twinge on the back of my knee doing the sets of several minutes jumping at the end.

            10 Jun

            Foam Roll, 11 stretches, 4 Core Exercises, 1 Foot Conditioning Drill

            I’ve revisited earlier phases to stay on top of my stretching, I also intend to do the optional third session a week of this.

            11 Jun

            2x Resistance Band Drills – 3 sets
            Cone Drill – 3 sets
            Hurdle Jumps – 3 sets
            A1 SL DB Jump – 4 sets
            A2 SL takeoff – 4 sets
            B1 SLRDL variation – 4 sets
            B2 SL Broad Jump to SL Vert – 4 sets (2.5m, 60cm)
            Weighted Reverse Plank – 3 sets
            Sub Max Jumping – 3 x 120 secs

            Long jumping was much better this time. A few drills could have done with a hurdle so I’ve made one and will be using it next week.

            12 Jun

            Foam Roll, 11 stretches, 4 Core Exercises, 1 Foot Conditioning Drill
            Running – 1.25 miles in 8:30/mi pace

            I really neglect my cardio so I put in a token 10-12 minute run this week and I want to keep doing it.

            14 Jun

            A1 Resistance Band Lateral – 3 sets
            A2 Lateral Step w Jump – 3 sets
            B1 Res. Band Block Step – 3 sets
            B2 Bound to Jump – 3 sets
            C1 Hex Hang Pull – 1 set 70kg, 3 sets 72.5kg
            C2 Pogo Jumps – 4 sets
            Split Stance 1/4 Squat – 4 sets 120kg
            D1 Rhythm Squats – 3 sets
            D2 Banded Pull Through – 3 sets
            Sub Max Jumping – 3 x 2:15

            Great session, I feel 100% and I smashed through it. Hang pulls are a touch light so I added another 2.5kg, maybe 75kg is still better. The same with the split stance squat, I had a few reps where I left the ground and that doesn’t help my knees when I land again. I bloody love this workout, I’d do that year round if I could.

            Here is SL Bound to SL Vert, I put a piece of table to jump over. I measured the distance from the cone to the base and then I measured the height of it, which is the two numbers in brackets (2.5m, 60cm). I will look to push myself and extend those numbers across the coming weeks.

            in reply to: Full Planche (Oct 2019) #10366
            Fraser Young
            Keymaster

              WEEK 35

              3 Jun

              Planche Lean Touch – 25cm, 2 x 26cm, 2 x 27cm
              Inverted Rows – 15,11,10
              Hanging Toes to Bar – 4 x 8

              6 Jun

              PPPu – 5,7,5,6,5
              Raised L-Sit 60cm – 14,12,9 secs

              WEEK 36

              8 Jun

              Bring Sally Up – 60 secs
              Advanced Tuck Planche – 3,4,6,7,6,3 secs (29 total)
              Bring Sally Up – 90 secs

              10 Jun

              Planche Lean Touch – 25cm, 2 x 27cm, 2 x 28cm
              A1 Inverted Rows – 17,11,9
              A2 Hanging Toes to Bar – 8,7,6

              13 Jun

              Bring Sally Up – 70 secs
              PPPu – 8,6,7,5,6
              TRX Tucks – 4 x 15

              I had a bit of a breakthrough with advanced tuck, rather than try to lower it I just started from the position and raised off the floor. I now plan to get more of a lean going and slowly work my legs back into a straddle. I’ve also shifted from having my index finger straight ahead to my thumb, so more external rotation of the arms. The planche lean touch is really benefiting me and I have confidence in being able to get close to straddle planche in the next 8 weeks.

            Viewing 5 posts - 446 through 450 (of 722 total)