Fraser Young

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 5 posts - 486 through 490 (of 722 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Full Planche (Oct 2019) #10240
    Fraser Young
    Keymaster

      WEEK 17

      29 Jan

      Tuck Planche Pulses- 3,3,5,4,3,3,2 (23 total)

      Nice to do more of these, already felt more controlled.

      1 Feb

      Raised Planche Lean (straddle) – 10,8,6,2,2
      Tuck Planche – 10, 11 secs

      2 Feb

      Ab Ripper X (missed about 12 reps)

      Last week my hip flexors hurt for 5 days and my abs for four. This is just pure hard work to get through it.

      You can’t quite tell how red my face was but this was me busting a gut to hold the complete end range for 1-2 seconds. My elbows were flaring up the day before so I did a longer warm up and more deliberate cool down. I want to start each session with a max effort from now on because I feel like it’s been too long doing a tuck and when I hit 20 seconds I’ll gladly move on. My best is 13 seconds and I want to add 2-3 seconds a week so I can start looking at advanced tuck planche.

      in reply to: Full Planche (Oct 2019) #10239
      Fraser Young
      Keymaster

        WEEK 16

        22 Jan

        Tuck Planche Pulses – 5 x 3 reps
        Tuck Planche – 13 secs

        I watched another tutorial video and it had these in, you go from an L-sit tuck hold into a brief tuck planche for a few reps. Anything which gives me more control is a positive thing.

        26 Jan

        Tuck Planche – 8,8,6,7,5 secs (34 total)
        Ab Ripper X – missed about 12 reps across the 13-14 minutes

        I need to up my game with abs and Ab Ripper X (part of the P90X series) is the most brutal and effective ab workout I know. I did it at Uni and after 2 weeks my front plank went from 1 min 30 to 2 min 30 and my front squat went up 10kg because my core could hold the weight.

        in reply to: 2020 Training Log #10238
        Fraser Young
        Keymaster

          28 Jan

          SL ATS – 3 x 4
          Hex Bar Jump Squats – 2 x 5 x 40kg
          Seated Box Jumps – 3 x 5
          Back Squat – 4 x 8 x 105kg RPE 6.5 (out of 7)

          Wanted to test myself with 4 x 8 and pleased to get it done. Could repeat it next week to see if RPE comes down, but more likely to try and play with 110kg.

          30 Jan

          SL ATS – 3 x 4
          A1 Front Squat – 6 x 70kg, 2 x 6 x 75kg, 6 x 80kg
          A2 Tuck Jumps – 4 x 6
          Swiss Ball HS Curls – 20, 18
          Sissy Squat – 18, 16

          2 Feb

          SL ATS – 3 x 4
          Hex Bar Jump Squats – 2 x 5 x 40kg
          Practice Jumps – 30 mins (15-20 efforts)

          Technique was good, height was disappointing. I was jumping about 58-60cm which on reflection is probably fair given fatigue in my legs from weights. The focus of these months is to get my squat strong enough to do a higher level of Jump Science, so for now measuring my height is a distraction.

          Here’s my new technique:

          in reply to: 2020 Training Log #10233
          Fraser Young
          Keymaster

            21 Jan

            SL ATS – 3 x 4
            Hex Bar Jump Squats – 2 x 5 x 40kg
            Seated Box Jumps – 3 x 5
            Back Squat – 4 x 6 x 105kg RPE 5.8 (out of 7)

            I’m ready to start bumping up these weights. If you look at my best lifts log https://strengthlevel.com/52858-9to5strength/squat you can see that my estimated 1RM floats around 125-135kg and it’s on the low end now. I want to squat 2x BW then try a higher level of Jump Science, which right now would mean 145kg.

            23 Jan

            Digging mud & clay – 3.5 hours

            Far from being a rest day, I went to my parents to help my dad dig a trench and load the earth into a skip. There was lots of wet clay soil and it was a struggle, my calves were really tight afterwards.

            26 Jan

            SL ATS – 3 x 4
            Jump Squats – 2 x 4 x 50kg
            2 step approach – 6 per side
            Floor to Ceiling Jumps – 3 x 8
            RLESS – 3 x 8 x 60kg

            My hex bar had 50kg on it so I tried heavier jump squats, it might be nice to do a spectrum in case 40kg wasn’t the perfect weight for developing power. My approaches were good, I found Isaiah Rivera on YouTube and his tutorial videos for jumping made so much sense to me https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCw1mvHj6NL86Pj01IeBvjWA I might test my standing vert next week and if it’s good enough I could pop to the basketball court and see if I can touch the backboard. RLESS were much stronger, I rested 90 secs between each leg and that allowed better balance and focus.

            in reply to: Full Planche (Oct 2019) #10203
            Fraser Young
            Keymaster

              WEEK 15

              15 Jan

              Raised Planche Lean – 7 x 10 secs
              L-Sit Tuck Hold – 25,25,19,20,17 secs

              Good session.

              I had another laser tattoo removal treatment on the morning of the 16th which means I couldn’t do anything the rest of the week. Will resume as normal on the 22nd.

            Viewing 5 posts - 486 through 490 (of 722 total)