Fraser Young

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 5 posts - 491 through 495 (of 722 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: 2020 Training Log #10202
    Fraser Young
    Keymaster

      14 Jan

      Single Leg Around The Square – 3 x 4
      Hex Bar Jump Squats – 2 x 5 x 40kg
      Seated Box Jumps – 3 x 5
      Back Squat – 4 x 6 x 100kg RPE 5.3 (out of 7)

      16 Jan

      SL ATS – 3 x 4
      A1 Front Squat – 6 x 65kg, 6 x 70kg, 6 x 75kg, 6 x 80kg
      A2 Tuck Jumps – 4 x 6
      Swiss Ball HS Curls – 18,15
      Sissy Squats – 10,11 x 6kg

      Used my EZ curl bar for sissy squats, felt better. Pleased to add 5kg in every set of front squats, can probably settle around 75-80kg for a few weeks.

      19 Jan

      SL ATS – 3 x 4
      Jump Squats – 2 x 5 x 40kg
      2 step approach – 7 per side
      Floor to Ceiling Jumps – 3 x 8
      RLESS – 8 x 55kg, 2 x 8 x 60kg

      Not focused on RLESS and missed a rep by wobbling, 60kg is tough if I reach full depth. 2 step approaches were good, jumping in the open rather than at my hoop is helping, part of me holds back when I’m getting so close to the wall.

      in reply to: Full Planche (Oct 2019) #10192
      Fraser Young
      Keymaster

        WEEK 13

        OFF

        Unintentionally. I didn’t train near New Year because I was sharing an apartment and didn’t have a good space to set up. Then I flew back to the UK and had a few days of work. In the back of my head I initially had a vision of my YT video title being “Learning to Tuck Planche in __ days” but the number of days is less and less important to me each time I train.

        WEEK 14

        7 Jan

        Raised Planche Lean – 10,10,10,10,10,10,9 secs
        L-Sit Tuck Hold – 25,25,22,22,20 secs

        This is my structure from now on. 3 times a week, same exercises each day. I started doubling up my gym days so legs and planche training are an hour or so apart. When I have to go to work it’s tough to squeeze a workout in, so this is easier for me.

        9 Jan

        V-Sits – 15,14,14,11
        Tuck Planche w Toes – 5 x 20 secs

        I took the tuck planche position and dropped my lower legs (note I still try to tuck the thighs into chest) which makes it about 60-80% the intensity of a proper tuck planche. I did this for advanced frogstand and it transferred well.

        11 Jan

        Tuck Planche – 8,8,8,8,6,8 secs (54 total)
        1 Arm 1 Leg Plank – 4 x 40 secs

        Instead of doing a series of max efforts, I tried to stop short of failure to maintain freshness. I misread my timer for the penultimate hold and it just shows what happens when you take 30 secs off my 3 minute rest. The goal is not to annihilate my shoulders and abs, just aiming for stimulus -> response and building up each week.

        in reply to: Full Planche (Oct 2019) #10162
        Fraser Young
        Keymaster

          WEEK 11

          16 Dec

          L-Sit Tuck Hold – 25,25,18,20,21 secs
          Tuck Planche – 12,5,9,12,9,8,8,8,6,7,7 secs (91 total)

          21 Dec

          L-Sit – 25,20,20,20,15 secs
          Tuck Planche – 8,7,8,4,6,6,5 secs (44 total)
          Advanced Frog Stand – 15,10,20,10,15,20 secs (90 total)

          WEEK 12

          26 Dec

          Advanced Frog Stand, SL Off – 4 x 10 secs
          Advanced Frog Stand – 4 x 10 secs
          L-Sit – 5 x 20 secs

          28 Dec

          Raised Planche Lean – 10,10,10,10,10,10,8,8 secs
          L-Sit Tuck Hold – 20,20,20,20 secs

          Tried a more aggressive lean so I couldn’t hold any longer than 10 secs. I want to get back to 3x/week for conditioning and then back off once my shoulders have some training effect.

          in reply to: Full Planche (Oct 2019) #10161
          Fraser Young
          Keymaster

            WEEK 10

            11 Dec

            L-Sit Tuck Hold – 25,25,18,29,21 secs
            Tuck Planche – 4,4,10,7,9,9,10,8,9,3,9,7 secs (89 total)

            Having said I’d go back to 3x/week I ended up only training once this week due to socialising and not feeling up for it on the other day I was going to train. I opened with one set of L-Sit tuck hold, mainly to wake up my shoulders and abs. I then did all my tucks before finishing off the ab work. The cue I used was to actively pull the knees to chest and that worked well, also starting with my bum higher in the air so more of a forward lean. Finally, 2.5-3 mins rest instead of 2 mins allowed me to repeat efforts, as previous weeks I opened with a long hold then it got progressively worse.

            The plan is to go slow and steady, adding a few seconds to either total TUT or individual holds until I get there.

            in reply to: Jump Science 2.0 (October 2019) #10160
            Fraser Young
            Keymaster

              8 Dec

              Depth Drops – 5 x 5 x 70cm
              Tuck Jumps – 3 x 10
              Squat Jumps – 3 x 10

              10 Dec

              Bounding – 5 x 5
              Flying 30m – 6 x 30m in 4.3, 4.2, 4.2, 4.1, 4.1, 4.1 secs
              Depth Jumps – 6 x 5 x 45cm w 9.5kg weight

              Rubbish weather and swirling winds, ground was softer so times were slow. I also had it in the back of my head that a pulled hamstring would really screw me up. Depth jumps would have been on soft ground so I took them inside and had to add weight to avoid hitting my head on the ceiling. These had too long a contact time and will not be repeated.

              13 Dec

              CMJ – 53,53,53,55,57cm
              2 Step Approach – 5 x 1
              Full Approach 2 foot – 8 x 1
              Full Approach 1 foot – skipped these
              Lunge Jumps – 3 x 12

              I introduced the cue to push aggressively through the ball of my feet and my toes just before taking off and that made my last two CMJ better. I still couldn’t touch the backboard at the court (293cm) which meant I was jumping about the same height as last week. As I’m doing two footed jumps I decided to skip the single leg takeoffs but I did do the lunge jumps.

              My jumps in weeks 8 and 9 were poor which is why I gave myself an extra days rest before the practice jumps this week. I’m a little down about my results as I don’t feel fatigued, though nor do I feel explosive and fresh, so I’m not that optimistic about increasing my PB that much following a rest.

              I will jump once on the 17/18th (depending on work schedule) and then my final re-test is 23rd December.

            Viewing 5 posts - 491 through 495 (of 722 total)