Fraser Young

Forum Replies Created

Viewing 5 posts - 396 through 400 (of 722 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Custom Jump Program (Nov 2020) #10469
    Fraser Young
    Keymaster

      WEEK 12+1

      My plans for week 13 included a running track and a b’ball court, neither of which I can access until the 29th. It makes sense to extend this by one week so it aligns well.

      22 Mar

      Rest. While I want to do an extra week, the volume was probably too high at first and my body needs a rest.

      23 Mar

      Overhead Squat – 4 x 5 x 27.5kg
      A1 Med Ball Throws – 3 x 3
      A2 CMJ – 3 x 3
      Nordic Curls – 3 x 6
      Standing Calf Raise – 25 x 10kg
      Ab Ripper X – Half reps

      25 Mar

      SL Standing Calf Raise – 2 x 11
      Pogo Jumps – 3 x 20 secs
      Wall Drill – 2 x 6
      Arm Drill – 3 x 10
      Broad Jumps – 6
      A1 Penultimate Acceleration – 2 x 5
      A2 Mechanics Primer – 2 x 4
      2 step 2 footed jumps – 5 per side

      I realised the wall drill is very similar to the mechanics primer so I don’t need both. A calf raise is also similar to the dorsi drill I was doing and I’ve used the former in the warm up.

      26 Mar

      Single Leg Hip Raise (3 sec ISO) – 8 x 20kg
      Floor to Ceiling Jumps – 3 x 8
      DB SLRDL – 3 x 6 x 8.5kg
      Hex Clean Pull – 5 x 2 x 80kg
      Reverse Nordics – 2 x 12
      Ab Ripper X

      I went too heavy with the deadlift and would be much better with a power exercise like clean pulls, which I’ve put in their place. I tried reverse nordics for the first time and enjoyed them.

      27 Mar

      Foam Rolling, Massage Gun

      I skipped the mobility this week but made sure to do a lot of soft tissue work.

      Here are the reverse nordics

      in reply to: Custom Jump Program (Nov 2020) #10468
      Fraser Young
      Keymaster

        WEEK 12

        15 Mar

        Dorsi Drill – 3 x 15
        Pogo Jumps – 4 x 20 secs
        Wall Drill – 2 x 6
        Arm Drill – 2 x 10
        Plank/Plyo/Speed Skater Combo – 2 sets
        Broad Jumps – 5
        A1 Penultimate Acceleration – 2 x 5
        A2 Mechanics Primer – 2 x 4
        2 step 2 footed jumps – 5 per side

        A shorter session than last Monday, better this way.

        16 Mar

        REST

        I purposefully miss one technical jumping day and one gym session each month as a rest for my body.

        18 Mar

        Dorsi Drill – 3 x 15
        Pogo Jumps – 5 x 20 secs
        Wall Drill – 3 x 6
        Arm Drill – 3 x 10
        Plank/Plyo/Speed Skater Combo – 3 sets
        Broad Jumps – 5
        A1 Penultimate Acceleration – 2 x 5
        A2 Mechanics Primer – 2 x 4
        2 step 2 footed jumps – 6 per side

        19 Mar

        Single Leg Hip Raise (3 sec ISO) – 2 x 8 x 25kg
        Floor to Ceiling Jumps – 3 x 8
        DB SLRDL – 3 x 6 x 8.5kg
        Hex DL Singles – 130,130,137.5,142.5,147.5,152.5,152.5, 152.5kg
        Seated Calf Raise – 40kg x 50 reps total
        L-Sit hold – 8 x 20 secs

        Hex DL turned into ego lifting, should avoid 1RM and work with 80-90% at speed. I tweaked my back a little, enough to skip ab ripper x and do some L-sits instead.

        20 Mar

        Foam Rolling

        21 Mar

        Massage gun, 25 mins

        New toy, gave it a whirl and really like it. I mainly pummelled my calves but did a bit of adductors and glutes, calves hurt already which is exactly how they feel after a proper sports massage.

        in reply to: Custom Jump Program (Nov 2020) #10467
        Fraser Young
        Keymaster

          WEEK 11

          8 Mar

          Dorsi Drill – 3 x 15
          Pogo Jumps – 5 x 20 secs
          Wall Drill – 2 x 6
          Arm Drill – 3 x 10
          Plank/Plyo/Speed Skater Combo – 3 sets
          Broad Jumps – 6
          A1 Penultimate Acceleration – 3 x 5
          A2 Mechanics Primer – 3 x 4
          2 step 2 footed jumps – 8 per side

          Tried a few extra attempts at the end, feel quite jaded after all that.

          9 Mar

          Patrick Step Up – 2 x 10 x 60kg
          Overhead Squat – 4 x 5 x 25kg
          A1 Med Ball Toss – 3 x 3 x 5kg
          A2 CMJ – 3 x 3, best of 57cm
          BB Drach RLESS – 3 x 6 x 26kg
          Nordic Curls – 3 x 6
          SL Standing Calf Raise – 2 x 12 x 10kg
          Ab Ripper X – Complete

          Probably a bit too high with volume at first, I felt very lethargic here and my CMJ showed it.

          11 Mar

          Dorsi Drill – 3 x 15
          Pogo Jumps – 4 x 20 secs
          Wall Drill – 2 x 6
          Arm Drill – 2 x 10
          Plank/Plyo/Speed Skater Combo – 3 sets
          Broad Jumps – 5
          A1 Penultimate Acceleration – 2 x 5
          A2 Mechanics Primer – 2 x 4
          2 step 2 footed jumps – 4 per side

          I experimented with a lighter session, trimming a few sets here and there and it felt better.

          12 Mar

          Single Leg Hip Raise (3 sec ISO) – 3 x 6 x 22.5kg
          Floor to Ceiling Jumps – 3 x 8
          DB SLRDL – 3 x 6 x 8.5kg
          Hex DL Singles – 120,125,130,135,140,145,150,150kg
          Patrick Step Up – 2 x 10 x 60kg
          Seated Calf Raise – 40kg x 50 reps total
          Ab Ripper X – complete

          A few changes here, sissy squats replaced by hex DL singles, which were in Jump Science. I moved patrick step ups later in the session because they don’t really belong in a warm up at 60kg, more of an accessory lift.

          in reply to: Custom Jump Program (Nov 2020) #10466
          Fraser Young
          Keymaster

            WEEK 10

            1 Mar

            Resistance Band Dorsiflexion – 3 x 15
            Pogo Jumps – 4 x 20 secs
            Wall Drill – 2 x 6
            Arm Drill – 2 x 10
            ENDED EARLY

            I accidentally let our indoor cat out and he went up a tree, so I had to abandon my session and help get him down.

            2 Mar

            Patrick Step Up – 2 x 10 x 60kg
            Overhead Squat – 4 x 5 x 20kg
            A1 Med Ball Toss – 3 x 3 x 5kg
            A2 CMJ – 3 x 3
            B1 BB Drach RLESS – 3 x 6 x 26kg
            B2 Split Jumps – 3 x 10
            Nordic Curls – 3 x 6
            SL Standing Calf Raise – 2 x 12 x 10kg
            Ab Ripper X – Complete

            I added in a standing calf raise because the other session has a seated one. I really like the combination of med ball toss and countermovement jump, and have since seen it used in a PJF Performance video so it stays.

            4 Mar

            Plank/Plyo/Speed Skater Combo – 3 sets
            Broad Jumps – 6, best of ?m
            A1 Penultimate Acceleration – 3 x 5
            A2 Mechanics Primer – 3 x 4
            2 step 2 footed jumps – 7 per side

            I allow myself to miss one technical jumping day and one weights session per week. With that in mind, I did the second half of my Monday session, meaning across 2 days I did 1 full session.

            5 Mar

            Patrick Step Up – 2 x 10 x 60kg
            Single Leg Hip Raise (3 sec ISO) – 3 x 6 x 22.5kg
            Floor to Ceiling Jumps – 3 x 8
            DB SLRDL – 1 x 6 x 10kg, 2 x 6 x 8.5kg
            Sissy Squats – 5kg x 18,15,12 (max reps)
            Seated Calf Raise – 2 x 12 x 40kg
            Ab Ripper X – complete

            I added weight to the sissy squats but I think they need to go as I’m planning to make this a 4 month program and max reps of this is more of a month 1-2 exercise. The SLRDL finishes with arms overhead and when I watched myself back on video my elbows were bent and the weight looked sluggish, so I dropped it by 15%.

            7 Mar

            Rowing Machine – 2 x 1km in 3:58, 3:58
            7 stretches

            Here are the sissy squats, they torch your quads but that’s something I don’t want to do so late in the custom program.

            in reply to: Full Planche (Oct 2019) #10461
            Fraser Young
            Keymaster

              WEEKS 69-72

              I’m dropping the gym session because I don’t have the time, so I’ll just be doing straight arm work every 4-5 days.

              4 Feb

              Pseudo Waistline Hold – 2 x 2 x 10 secs
              PPPu – 6,5
              Planche Lean – 2 x 4 x 15 secs

              9 Feb

              Planche Lean – 26cm x 15 secs, 27cm x 15 secs
              Planche Lean Touch – 27cm,28cm,29cm
              Planche Lean – 5 x 20 secs x 25cm

              (see my wooden structure below) Getting quite fed up with the slow progress, I looked online and found the angle I need for straddle and full planche and I’m not a million miles away, so I want to focus on squeezing out a bit more of an angle each time.

              14 Feb

              Pseudo Waistline Hold – 2 x 4 x 5 secs (115cm, 114cm)
              PPPu – 7,4
              PPPu negatives – 8,8
              Planche Lean – 2 x 4 x 15 secs (26cm)
              Pseudo Waistline – 11, 8 secs

              Again, quantification has to be the way forward. I’m used to lifting weights where it’s clear you’re progressing, with a waistline hold you do what you can but might have your hands far enough back. I measured from the base of the skirting board to an imaginary line which my hands don’t cross, and kept that for the four exercises, before reducing it by 1cm.

              19 Feb

              Pseudo Waistline Hold – 2 x 2 x 10 secs (114cm)
              PPPu – 5,5
              PPPu negatives – 8,8
              Planche Lean – 2 x 4 x 15 secs

              I feel like I’m improving now, really pleased to have got some consistency at last.

              24 Feb

              Pseudo Waistline Hold – 20 secs (!)
              Straddle Planche toes on – 5 x 15 secs
              Straddle Planche Lean Touch – 29cm, 3 x 30cm, fail at 31cm

              Hooray! I’ve been following Osvaldo Lugones workouts and the goal was a 20 second waistline hold, which I can now do. I immediately jumped to trying out straddle as I know I’m not that far from doing it. I got to the end position where the toes are about to lift off and held it there, so still in contact with the floor. Then I used my wooden structure to try a straddle lean touch and got about the same lean as I do from a regular planche lean.

              28 Feb

              Straddle Planche Lean – 8 x 15 secs

              Couldn’t get to the gym for this one, just leaned as much as I could.

              Here’s my wooden structure. I made it the right width so that my shoulders can both touch at the same time and helps me quantify what’s going on.

            Viewing 5 posts - 396 through 400 (of 722 total)