Vert Shock (May 2018)

Viewing 3 posts - 11 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Fraser_9to5
    Keymaster

22 June

Uphill Sprints – 4 x 20m
      Uphill Squat Jumps – 3 x 15
      Clap Pushups – 2 x 10
      V-Situps – 3 x 20
      Plate Twists – 3 x 30 secs x 5kg

23 June

Around The Square – 3 x 4
      Tuck Jumps – 2 x 12
      Speed Skaters – 3 x 30
      180 Squat Jumps – 3 x 10
      Split Jumps – 3 x 12

Quite routine now, still having minor flare ups of knee problems but keeping on top of stretching and mobility. Here are split jumps from the 23rd.

Fraser_9to5
      Keymaster

WEEK 8 (Unofficial)

25 June

Re-Test Vert 61cm (24 inch)
        Tuck Jumps – 2 x 12
        Speed Skaters – 3 x 30
        180 Squat Jumps – 3 x 10
        Split Jumps – 3 x 12

26 June

Re-Test Vert 62cm (24.4 inch)
        Lateral High Jumps – 3 x 20
        Depth Jumps – 3 x 8
        Single Leg Box Jumps – 2 x 8 per leg
        Seated Box Jumps – 3 x 8
        Power Cleans – 5 x 60kg

27 June

Uphill Sprints – 4 x 20m
        Uphill Squat Jumps – 3 x 15
        Clap Pushups – 2 x 10
        V-Situps – 3 x 20
        Plate Twists – 3 x 30 secs x 5kg

29 June

Tuck Jumps – 2 x 12
        180 Squat Jumps – 3 x 10
        Split Jumps – 3 x 12

It’s not really cool for me to go sharing the entire Vert Shock Program on my journal, so i’m repeating week 1 on here but with the split jumps too. I also included power cleans as a little boost before I return to lifting weights properly.

I tested my vert as normal on Monday but then read the free PDF from Adam Folker where he shares 4 hacks for jumping higher. I implemented them all and tested my vert on the Tuesday and got 62cm (1cm higher) which is my new P.B.

Today is the 29th and i’ve just finished the training. I took out horizontal bounds because I read research that it has no impact on jump height and I think since this program is aimed at basketball players that’s why it’s been included. Since I only want to jump higher and have a sore right ankle I decided to drop those 3 sets completely. I’m going to include all the other exercises as normal.

Final re-test will be 3rd July where i’ll also go to my local court and see how close I can get to the b’ball rim.

Below is a still from my 62cm vert.

Fraser_9to5
        Keymaster

30 June

Lateral High Jumps – 3 x 20
          Depth Jumps – 3 x 8
          Single Leg Box Jumps – 2 x 8 per leg
          Seated Box Jumps – 3 x 8

1 July

OFF

Meant to do sprints but I was away at the weekend and had 4 hours sleep on the Saturday so decided it was more detrimental to try sprints than to skip the final session.

3 July

Re-Test Vert 63cm (24.75 inch)

I squeezed out one final cm gain which was nice. Annoyingly B’ball court was in use so nowhere to try running jumps.

I’ve since had a week off and i’m going to do a few weights sessions then try my vert one final time before undertaking a new workout plan.

As it stands Vert Shock took me from 55cm (21.6inch) to 63cm (24.75inch) standing vert.

Below is my vert test, with the solid chalk line indicating my starting height on day 1.

Viewing 3 posts - 11 through 13 (of 13 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.