Reply To: Full Planche (Oct 2019)

Fraser_9to5
Keymaster

WEEKS 69-72

I’m dropping the gym session because I don’t have the time, so I’ll just be doing straight arm work every 4-5 days.

4 Feb

Pseudo Waistline Hold – 2 x 2 x 10 secs
    PPPu – 6,5
    Planche Lean – 2 x 4 x 15 secs

9 Feb

Planche Lean – 26cm x 15 secs, 27cm x 15 secs
    Planche Lean Touch – 27cm,28cm,29cm
    Planche Lean – 5 x 20 secs x 25cm

(see my wooden structure below) Getting quite fed up with the slow progress, I looked online and found the angle I need for straddle and full planche and I’m not a million miles away, so I want to focus on squeezing out a bit more of an angle each time.

14 Feb

Pseudo Waistline Hold – 2 x 4 x 5 secs (115cm, 114cm)
    PPPu – 7,4
    PPPu negatives – 8,8
    Planche Lean – 2 x 4 x 15 secs (26cm)
    Pseudo Waistline – 11, 8 secs

Again, quantification has to be the way forward. I’m used to lifting weights where it’s clear you’re progressing, with a waistline hold you do what you can but might have your hands far enough back. I measured from the base of the skirting board to an imaginary line which my hands don’t cross, and kept that for the four exercises, before reducing it by 1cm.

19 Feb

Pseudo Waistline Hold – 2 x 2 x 10 secs (114cm)
    PPPu – 5,5
    PPPu negatives – 8,8
    Planche Lean – 2 x 4 x 15 secs

I feel like I’m improving now, really pleased to have got some consistency at last.

24 Feb

Pseudo Waistline Hold – 20 secs (!)
    Straddle Planche toes on – 5 x 15 secs
    Straddle Planche Lean Touch – 29cm, 3 x 30cm, fail at 31cm

Hooray! I’ve been following Osvaldo Lugones workouts and the goal was a 20 second waistline hold, which I can now do. I immediately jumped to trying out straddle as I know I’m not that far from doing it. I got to the end position where the toes are about to lift off and held it there, so still in contact with the floor. Then I used my wooden structure to try a straddle lean touch and got about the same lean as I do from a regular planche lean.

28 Feb

Straddle Planche Lean – 8 x 15 secs

Couldn’t get to the gym for this one, just leaned as much as I could.

Here’s my wooden structure. I made it the right width so that my shoulders can both touch at the same time and helps me quantify what’s going on.