Reply To: Jump Science 2.0 (October 2019)

Fraser_9to5
Keymaster

8 Dec

Depth Drops – 5 x 5 x 70cm
    Tuck Jumps – 3 x 10
    Squat Jumps – 3 x 10

10 Dec

Bounding – 5 x 5
    Flying 30m – 6 x 30m in 4.3, 4.2, 4.2, 4.1, 4.1, 4.1 secs
    Depth Jumps – 6 x 5 x 45cm w 9.5kg weight

Rubbish weather and swirling winds, ground was softer so times were slow. I also had it in the back of my head that a pulled hamstring would really screw me up. Depth jumps would have been on soft ground so I took them inside and had to add weight to avoid hitting my head on the ceiling. These had too long a contact time and will not be repeated.

13 Dec

CMJ – 53,53,53,55,57cm
    2 Step Approach – 5 x 1
    Full Approach 2 foot – 8 x 1
    Full Approach 1 foot – skipped these
    Lunge Jumps – 3 x 12

I introduced the cue to push aggressively through the ball of my feet and my toes just before taking off and that made my last two CMJ better. I still couldn’t touch the backboard at the court (293cm) which meant I was jumping about the same height as last week. As I’m doing two footed jumps I decided to skip the single leg takeoffs but I did do the lunge jumps.

My jumps in weeks 8 and 9 were poor which is why I gave myself an extra days rest before the practice jumps this week. I’m a little down about my results as I don’t feel fatigued, though nor do I feel explosive and fresh, so I’m not that optimistic about increasing my PB that much following a rest.

I will jump once on the 17/18th (depending on work schedule) and then my final re-test is 23rd December.