- This primarily hits the Lateral Head.
- To make it harder, place a weight in your lap.
- To make it easier, use straight legs and place them on the floor.
- Keep the back straight.
- This hits the Lateral Head of the triceps.
- Full extension is important, so don’t go too heavy.
- Pause briefly when the arm is fully extended to make it more effective.
- Keep the body tight and initiate movement through the elbow.
- This can be done standing or with a forward lean
Cable Tricep Pushdown
- This primarily hits the Lateral and Medial Heads.
- Initiate the movement with elbow flexion and extension.
- Make sure you straighten the arms fully to hit the triceps best.
- Good finisher exercise to end a session.
- Keep elbows at the side, abs tight, body upright.
Cable Tricep Pushdown (Reverse Grip)
- This primarily hits the Long and Medial Heads.
- Elbows in but slightly in front of the body. Slight forward lean.
- Use a lighter weight as there is more elbow stress.
- Pause at full extension.
- This is a good finisher with 15-20 reps.
- The dip machine hits All Three Heads of the tricep.
- Make sure the arms go fully straight.
- Hold for a count of ONE with arms extended.
- Focus on feeling the tricep working.
Dumbbell Tricep Extension
- A variation of the French Press.
- This can hit All Three Tricep Heads.
- You can also do this exercise from standing.
- For added focus, try the movement with one arm.
- Extend the arms straight overhead, keep the body stiff.