Seated Barbell Shoulder Press
- This primarily hits the anterior and lateral deltoids.
- Set the bench as close to vertical as possible
- Take a stance so that your legs feel in a strong position to help with balance
- Align your knuckles with the bar so that when you press, your forearms are under the bar (forearms in front of the bar = wrist stress)
- Choose a grip that allows the forearms to remain close to vertical for the movement
- A good cue for the top position is to push “behind the ears”, meaning the head comes through
- Avoid arching the back too much, doing so means the weight is likely too heavy. Think of keeping the rib cage down over the body