Oatmeal is a breakfast staple for a lot of the bodybuilding population, while eggs are also considered a staple. The combination seems strange, but merely adds thickness to the oats with no unusual taste. The main health benefits of each ingredient are listed alongside them. It’s important to keep a good ratio of egg:oatmeal, I suggest reducing it to a single egg if you were to have under 60 grams of oatmeal. This breakfast could also be topped with banana for additional calories.
- 2 Eggs: All Essential Amino Acids, High Quality Protein, Improved Eye Health, Brain Health and Heart Health
- 90g Oatmeal: Lowers Cholesterol, High in Fibre, Protein Source (Best – Scottish Oats, Steel Cut Oats or Thick Rolled Oats)
- Ground Cinnamon: Regulates Blood Sugar, Anti-Inflammatory, Anti-Bloating, Lowers Cholesterol
- Weigh out a serving of Oatmeal (Porridge Oats) in a Pan
- Add water and put on hob
- Crack two eggs into the pan and MIX THOROUGHLY (no visible egg)
- if unskilled, crack eggs into a bowl first and pick out egg shell before adding to porridge
- Continue to stir and heat until desired texture, likely 4-5 minutes
- Add generous amount of Cinnamon, stir further
This is under 10 minutes prep for a good all-round breakfast with healthy fats and a good protein content.
I use 90g oatmeal as I tend to lift weights in the middle of the day, so if you were inactive that day you could easily reduce that to 70-80g.
If you know anyone who might like to try this, please use the social media tabs to share this content!