Reply To: 2018 Training Log

Fraser_9to5
Keymaster

12 July

Rowing Machine – 4 x 2 mins (2 mins rest)

I’d put the rowing machine in the conservatory over winter but left it there for summer. With the door closed it reaches temps above 55 degrees and that seems to have broken the computer system, so no display.

13 July

Bench Press – 4 x 8 x 65kg
    Barbell Row – 4 x 8 x 65kg
    Push Press – 4 x 8 x 35kg
    Chin Ups – 4 x 8

I’m doing a 6 week program starting Monday and wanted to get an upper body session in before then (away this weekend). I forget what I could bench for 8 but probably about 85kg, so it was depressing to struggle with the last rep of 65kg on set 4. Only done a few sets of press ups every week in the last 9 weeks and clearly lost strength & power. I wasn’t pushing it but I still aimed to be about 80% effort or above.

If you’re interested the workout i’ll be doing is another attempt at increasing my Vert and can be found here https://www.t-nation.com/workouts/get-strong-get-fast-get-vertical

I’ll do minor modifications like jump squats will be with a hex bar as that’s a perfect piece of equipment for that. If I happen to jump higher than 63cm/24.8inch on Monday’s vert test i’ll attribute that to Vert Shock, which I finished 12 days ago.