Keymaster

WEEK 20

30 Jun

A1 Resistance Band Lateral – 3 sets
    A2 Lateral Step w Jump – 3 sets
    B1 Res. Band Block Step – 6 sets
    B2 Bound to Jump – ground was too wet
    C1 Hex Hang Pull – 4 sets
    C2 Pogo Jumps – 1 set (stopped due to Achilles pain)
    Split Stance 1/4 Squat – 3 sets
    D1 Rhythm Squats – 3 sets
    D2 Banded Pull Through – 3 sets
    Sub Max Jumping – SKIPPED

I’m not having a good time with this Achilles tendinopathy, I know now that pogo jumps cause the most problem so I stopped as soon as I felt it getting worse. It doesn’t impede me in any of the other exercises which is nice.

1 Jul

Foam Roll, 3 Core Exercises

Really bare bones stuff, one of the exercises causes me to stress my hip flexor/groin which has also been bothering me if I do too big a range of motion, and I have no intention of soldiering on through Phase 6 with niggling injuries so I want to be 100% by then.

2 Jul

2x Resistance Band Drills – 2 sets
    Cone Drill – 3 sets
    Hurdle Jumps – 3 sets
    A1 SL DB Jump – 4 sets
    A2 SL takeoff – 4 sets (62cm, 63cm, 64cm)
    B1 SLRDL variation – 4 sets
    B2 SL Broad Jump to SL Vert – 4 sets
    Weighted Reverse Plank – 3 sets
    Sub Max Jumping – 120,150,150 secs

I iced my Achilles an extra few times and also have some Gua Sha tools which my massage therapist recommended for Achilles problems. It felt much better and I barely noticed it in the session. There was a PJF podcast about barefoot training on softer surfaces and that’s what I did here, doubling up a towel to jump on instead of my rubber gym mat.

I had a lot more coordination for my single leg takeoffs and I added 4cm to my PB, taking it to 64cm/25.2″. Here’s how that looked

3 Jul

Foam Roll, 4 Core Exercises

I used my ab wheel in place of the one that bothers my hip.

5 Jul

A1 Resistance Band Lateral – 3 sets
    A2 Lateral Step w Jump – 3 sets
    B1 Res. Band Block Step – 3 sets
    B2 Bound to Jump – 3 sets
    C1 Hex Hang Pull – 4 sets
    C2 Pogo Jumps – 4 sets
    Split Stance 1/4 Squat – 3 sets
    D1 Rhythm Squats – 3 sets
    D2 Banded Pull Through – 3 sets
    Sub Max Jumping (grass) – 2:30, 3:00, 2:30

Great session! No pain, no real discomfort and a few of the exercises clicked for me a little more than usual. I completed the pogo jumps without a problem and I did the long jumping on grass for up to 3 minutes with no issues.

Tomorrow I will have an Epsom salt bath, Tuesday I’m giving plasma for a Covid trial and 48 hours after that I should be cleared to test my vertical (9th July). I have laser tattoo removal on the Saturday which requires a 24 hour bandage on my torso, meaning my first session of Phase 6 is likely to be Monday 13th.