Cable Tricep Pushdown
- This primarily hits the Lateral and Medial Heads.
- Initiate the movement with elbow flexion and extension.
- Make sure you straighten the arms fully to hit the triceps best.
- Good finisher exercise to end a session.
- Keep elbows at the side, abs tight, body upright.
Cable Tricep Pushdown (Reverse Grip)
- This primarily hits the Long and Medial Heads.
- Elbows in but slightly in front of the body. Slight forward lean.
- Use a lighter weight as there is more elbow stress.
- Pause at full extension.
- This is a good finisher with 15-20 reps.
- A forward lean will place more work on the chest muscles.
- To keep the weight forward, shift the legs forward in an open “L” body position.
- Squeeze the abs to make sure your legs stay in front of you.
- Drop the shoulder to slightly below elbow height.
Chest Press Machine
- Set the seat so handles are at chest height.
- If possible, set the handles forward so you don’t need to start with your elbows too far behind you.
- Wrists stay straight the whole time, elbows never above wrists.
- Breathe out as you push and breathe in as you return it.
Close Grip Lat Pulldown
- Keep elbows and arms tight to the body.
- Pull the handle down to middle chest.
- Upright (seen) for middle back development.
- Slight backwards lean for Lower Lat thickness.
- Don’t use momentum.
- This hits the Long Head of the bicep.
- Really focus on feeling the contraction of the muscle.
- Don’t move your shoulder to accommodate a weight that’s too heavy.
- Make sure you fully extend the arms at the bottom of the movement.
- You can use this as a finisher.
- You can squeeze extra reps out by using the free hand to help the concentric (up) phase, then lower without it.