Around The Worlds
- Use a light weight for these.
- Keep the chest up, shoulders back and a slight bend in the elbows.
- Bring the arms overhead and back to the sides under control.
- Another great warm-up or use as a high rep finisher.
Barbell Bent Over Row
- These hit your Lats and Rhomboids.
- Overhand or Underhand Grip offer slightly different targeting.
- Shoulder width stance, neutral spine and a decent forward lean.
- Pull to the base of the rib cage and lower under control.
- This hits your Erector Spinae.
- Feet locked in place, hips slightly above the bad.
- Keeping a neutral spine and tight core, lower to 90 degrees at the hip and return to 180 degrees.
- You can load this by hugging a weighted plate.
- Slow and controlled movement.
- This primarily hits the Lateral Head.
- To make it harder, place a weight in your lap.
- To make it easier, use straight legs and place them on the floor.
- Keep the back straight.
- This hits the Sternocostal Head.
- Keep a slight bend in the elbows and for stability you can use a split stance.
- Keep shoulders internally rotated so elbows are pointed upward at the top and out to sides at bottom.
- For heavier weights, use more of a forward lean.
- This hits the Lateral Head of the triceps.
- Full extension is important, so don’t go too heavy.
- Pause briefly when the arm is fully extended to make it more effective.
- Keep the body tight and initiate movement through the elbow.
- This can be done standing or with a forward lean