Dumbbell Wide Grip Upright Row
- This primarily hits the anterior and lateral deltoids, with the wider grip allowing for more emphasis on the lateral head.
- Start with the dumbbells in front of the body, with the back of your hands facing away from you.
- Shoulders should be retracted (pulled back)
- Raise the dumbbells, keeping the elbows above the wrists at all times.
- Make sure the dumbbell is relatively close to the body.
- Stop when the elbows are level with shoulders or slightly below. Any higher could cause shoulder impingement.
- Lower slowly under control.