Dumbbell Front Raise
- This primarily targets the anterior deltoids. If you do plenty of horizontal and incline pressing e.g. bench press, it’s likely you don’t need to isolate these muscles in any additional exercise.
- For increased activation, do this seated on a high incline, putting the front deltoid in a more stretched position at the bottom of the movement.
- Have the backs of your hands facing away, with a slight bend in the elbows.
- Raise the dumbbells in a controlled manner, stopping when level with the shoulders. Any higher can cause shoulder impingement.
- Pause briefly and lower slowly, returning the arms back behind the body.