Superfood Sunday – Wild Alaskan Salmon Recipe
This is a nice and easy recipe high in protein and healthy omega 3 fats which are good for your heart.
We’re pairing the salmon with the below vegetables for their health benefits:
- Broccoli – Has anti-cancer properties, improves eye health, and is a good source of calcium and vitamin C
- Cauliflower – Beneficial to liver health
- Spinach – Good source of vitamin K, calcium, vitamin C, vitamin A. Also excellent for brain health, eye health and as an anti-inflammatory.
Salmon with Cruciferous Vegetables
Ingredients (Serves 2)
For the salmon:
- Wild Alaskan Salmon, 230g
- Cauliflower, 1 medium head
- Broccoli, 1 medium head
- Courgette, 1 medium
For the sauce:
- Chicken Oxo Cube
- Single Cream – 100ml
- Hot Paprika
- Spinach – 35g
- Squeezed Lemon
- Onion – 1 small
- Tomato Puree – 3 tsp
For The Salmon
- Place salmon on kitchen foil and add ¼ of a squeezed lemon, fresh thyme, ground salt and pepper to taste
- Wrap foil and put in oven to cook at about 170° for 12-15 minutes or until cooked.
Slice courgette, broccoli and cauliflower, and steam for 5-7 minutes
- Finely chop onion and fry in saucepan (use coconut oil) until golden, then add tomato puree and heat for a further 30 seconds
- Add single cream, spices & ¼ squeezed lemon juice to pan and heat on a low setting until small bubbles appear then add spinach
- Stir and heat sauce for 2-3 minutes
Serve salmon and steamed vegetables, add sauce
- Without Sauce 306kcal, 17 carb, 12 fat, 37 protein
- With Sauce 434kcal, 26 carb, 21 fat, 40 protein
If you’re not keen on having cream, you can use an alternative like 50ml coconut cream mixed with 25ml water.
Also depending on your goals and your macro nutrients, you could go for a larger serving of salmon if you have got the calories available.
Quick, healthy and filling all in one!