- 1 Piece Wild Salmon: High in protein, Full of heart healthy Omega 3 Fats
- 1 Sweet Potato: Packed with Vitamin A and Vitamin C, and unlike other potatoes they do NOT cause spikes in blood sugar.
- Broccoli: Has anti-cancer properties, improves eye health, and is a good source of calcium and vitamin C
- Peel and chop one sweet potato, put it in a pan of boiling water on the hob
- The salmon can go straight in a pan of hot water that’s simmering (light bubbling, not going crazy) on the hob
- Wait 10 minutes
- Cut some bits of broccoli, put that in a sieve and place it over the sweet potato, then put on the lid (you are trying to generate steam inside the pan)
- Wait 5 minutes
- Checks: Salmon shouldn’t have any uncooked pink patches inside, potato shouldn’t be too tough when poked with a fork
- Drain the potato and salmon, put it on a plate and add the broccoli
- (optional) Add hot sauce if you find health food bland (NB: I use Sriracha here, be aware it’s not good for you as it’s high in sodium and sugar)
Some people might not even consider this a “recipe” as it’s just cooking three ingredients, but I don’t care as it’s really healthy and takes 15 minutes.
You can eat this 2-3 times a week for a great dose of healthy fats and no big spike in your blood sugar levels.
If you know anyone who might like to try this, please use the social media tabs to SHARE this content!