A sandbag is a great conditioning tool to incorporate into your routine.
It’s also a great piece of home gym equipment so you can work out without going to a public gym.
Personally i’ve used my sandbag for some of the 50 Greyskull Conditioning Workouts which i’ve been using for fat loss. Let’s get started…
What You Need
- A bag of sand or gravel matching the desired weight you need for conditioning (mine is 20kg)
- Heavy Duty Bags (I used Rubble Sacks)
- Extra Strong Duct Tape (at least 15 metres/50 feet)
What To Do
- Place the Sand/Gravel bag (without opening it) inside one of the Heavy Duty Sacks.
- The outer sack is likely much larger than the inner bag, so fold any excess parts over on itself
- Wrap THOROUGHLY in duct tape, preferably overlapping the tape for the whole surface
- Start exercising!
Bad: Note the gaps in the tape where the blue bag is still visible
My first attempt split in under a minute because I didn’t tape it properly
Good: 100% coverage with the tape, plenty of overlapping across the whole surface.