» Band Resisted Push-ups, Decline DB Bench Press, Chest Press Machine, Pec Deck
Band Resisted Push-ups, Decline DB Bench Press, Chest Press Machine, Pec Deck
Band Resisted Push-ups
- Use a band tough enough to provide decent resistance, while still allowing full extension.
- Loop the band around each arm and across the mid-tricep.
- Perform either on a low barbell or on the floor.
Decline Dumbbell Bench Press
- This hits the sternocostal head.
- Make sure legs are secured!
- Palms facing away, forearms perpendicular to floor.
- Drop the weights after the set, rather than trying to lower gently.
Chest Press Machine
- Set the seat so handles are at chest height.
- If possible, set the handles forward so you don’t need to start with your elbows too far behind you.
- Wrists stay straight the whole time, elbows never above wrists.
- Breathe out as you push and breathe in as you return it.
Pec Deck Flyes
- Adjust the handles so that at full range of motion the chest is lightly stretched.
- Slight bend in the elbows, rotate shoulders so the elbows are behind you and keep them at wrist and shoulder height.
- Head and back against the pad, smoothly bring to centre and back.
- Breathe out as you pull together, and breathe in as you return.