» Deadlift, Lat Pulldown, Bent Over Row, Pull Ups
Deadlift, Lat Pulldown, Bent Over Row, Pull Ups
- This hits your Posterior Chain.
- Keep a flat back, lats tight and arms vertical.
- The bar should be close if not touching shins at the bottom of the lift.
- Brace your abs and lift the bar, keeping head neutral and the bar over the middle of your feet.
- Brush the thighs as you lower, pushing the hips back, and lower vertically once below the knee.
Wide-Grip Lat Pulldowns
- “Lat” stands for Latissimus Dorsi, the prime mover in this exercise.
- Tuck the chin so the bar can travel vertically down to the V of your neck.
- Think of the hands as hooks, the elbows are driving down and the back comes together.
- Don’t lean back excessively or use momentum.
Barbell Bent Over Row
- These hit your Lats and Rhomboids.
- Overhand or Underhand Grip offer slightly different targeting.
- Shoulder width stance, neutral spine and a decent forward lean.
- Pull to the base of the rib cage and lower under control.
Wide-Grip Pull Ups
- Similar to the Lat Pulldown, this will hit your Lats, as well as Mid-Traps and Teres muscles.
- Depress the Scapula.
- Think of bringing elbows towards your sides.
- Allow the arms to come to FULL extension at the bottom.
- Great tutorial video here.